Who can see the media details page?
All users who have media in their Library can view the details page for that media.
All Admins can view details for media from the Captures page.
All Instructors and Teaching Assistants can view the details page for media in their courses.
As the name would imply, the Media Details page provides details about the media, and gives access to ALL THE THINGS you can do with the media. This article provides some basic information. You can find detailed descriptions of the page and its contents in The Media Details Page help article.
There are two ways to access to the media details page:
Click on a media tile in your Echo360 Library.
Click on the media icon in the Class List of your course and select Details from the menu.
This is NOT available for students.
If you are a student, and you have no items in your Library OR you do not have a Library option in the top navigation shown above, this article does not apply to you. You can only view media that has been embedded in an LMS/VLE page, or through your Echo360 course classes, or through a Collection in which you are a member.
The top section of the Media Details page has a playback or preview panel at the top. This allows you to play the video or page through the slides.
Below the playback panel you will find the Name of the media, a row of command buttons, and a set of tabs containing additional information and functionality for the media.
The Commands shown for the media, located in the box in the above figure, are described below. All commands appear but which are active for you depends on your role in the system, whether or not you own this piece of media, or what Collection media permissions you have. If a command is grayed out and not selectable, you cannot perform that action on this media.
Share - Opens the Share Settings dialog box, allowing you to share the media with another Echo360 user, create a public link, share to a Collection, or post to a class in an Echo360 course. Anywhere from one to all four of these options may appear for you.
Edit Media - Opens the video or presentation editor as appropriate to the type of media this is. See Editing a Video or Editing a Presentation as needed. This command is NOT available for Interactive Media. See the bullet for Add A Poll/Edit Polls below.
- Edit Transcript - Opens the Transcript Editor, where you can edit the transcript text, the speaker identifications, and apply the transcript as closed captions if needed. See the articles located in Using the Echo360 Transcript Editor. Does not appear for presentations.
- Add A Poll or Edit Polls - Opens the Interactive Media editor, where you can embed a poll into a video or edit (or add to) the polls already resident in the interactive media. Add Poll appears for a video; Edit Polls appears for interactive media (a video with polls already embedded in it).
- Edit Details - Opens the Edit Details dialog box where you can enter/edit a Title, Description, and Tags for the media. See also Editing Media Name and Description.
- Make A Copy - Creates a copy of the media that you now own. The copy appears in your library with your name on it as owner. See also Creating Copies of Media.
- Download - Allows you to download a copy of the media to your local drive. If it is a video, you are asked to make selections regarding video stream (if more than one), quality, or download only the audio of the file. You can also use the links to the processed files located in the Details tab to download files locally. See also Downloading Content to your Computer.
Delete/Remove - Deletes the media entirely. Deleting it removes it from any classes, collections, other user's libraries, and any other linked or embedded locations. This can ONLY be done by the owner of the media.
If the option shows Remove, this is a piece of shared media that is owned by someone else. Removing it only deletes it from YOUR Library. See also Deleting Your Echo Content.
Below the row of commands you will see one or more tabs, each containing different information or actions for the media. What tabs appear depends on what KIND of media this is.
The possible tabs include:
- Info - This tab is available for all media types. Contains basic media info such as owner and description and when the item was created. The main portion of the tab contains Share Settings, including course publishing information, shares to other Echo360 users, any URL Links generated for the media, and any Collections the media has been added to.
- Analytics - This tab does not appear for presentations or polls. This tab is only available for instructors and administrators. It contains viewing data for the media, including when it was viewed, from where, and by whom.
- Polling - This tab is only available for Interactive Media. This tab is only available for instructors and administrators. It contains student responses to the embedded polls in the media.
- Details - This tab is available for all media types. It contains file data for the media, including media type and in how it was generated. It may also include processed file links that allow you to download those files to your local machine. For video, audio, and interactive media, in also includes closed Captions and Transcripts information and options.
- Activity - This tab does not appear for presentations or polls. It provides creation data, targeting primarily captures done for courses, but includes creation or upload date and publishing date(s) for the media. For video/audio media, it also includes entries if any user has opened the media in the Echo360 video editor.
Once again, see The Media Details Page in the Teaching & Learning section of the online help for more information about the details page.