Opening PointSolutions Preferences
The Preferences window opens in a new window on top of the PointSolutions Dashboard. Preferences can also be accessed through any of the polling environments. When opening Preferences through a polling environment, the window opens with that particular environment displayed.
- Open PointSolutions and sign in to your account.
- Click the Preferences icon (looks like a gear) on the bottom right corner of the Dashboard.
The Preferences window opens.
- Adjust the preferences as necessary.
Changes made in Preferences are automatically saved to the local computer and are not specific to an account.
Click Reset All to revert all preferences back to their original state.
The Reset Software, Reset Connections, Reset PowerPoint, Reset Anywhere, and Reset Self-Paced buttons will change depending on which category you have selected. To revert all preferences for that category back to it's original state, click the Reset button for that category.
- Click Close to close the Preferences window.
Software preferences apply to the overall PointSolutions software and are grouped into three sections:
Administration settings refer to preferences that apply to the entire PointSolutions application.
- Add-In Always Loaded - Determines if the PowerPoint Polling environment automatically loads when PowerPoint is opened.
- Allow User Messaging for Clickers - Allows participants to send feedback to the instructor. Only participants with ResponseCard NXT or PointSolutions app have the option to send feedback.
- Automatically Check for Updates - When checked, PointSolutions will notify the user that an updated version of the software is available for download.
- Automatically Save Sessions - Sessions are automatically saved to the default save location when sessions are reset or the polling environment is closed.
- Automatically Update PointSolutions Web Courses - Courses connected to an Instructor Account will automatically update on sign-in.
- Automatically Update Results - Results of newly registered participants will automatically upload on previous sessions.
- Backup Sessions - When checked, a backup session is automatically saved when a user does not save a session file.
- Backup Session Purge - Backup sessions are automatically deleted after the user-specified number of days.
- Default Save Location - Determines a custom location to save the session files.
- Reset Software Options Upon Close - When checked, all preferences and software options (any items saved to memory) revert to their original state when PointSolutions is closed. Administration and Response Devices preferences are not affected.
- Session Import Behavior - Determines how PointSolutions handles session files when they are detected.
- Move Files to Directory- This option moves the session files from their original location to the default session directory.
- Leave Files in Previous Location- This option adds the session file to the Manage tab but does not move the session file. If the file is moved from that location at a later date, it will need to be located to view reports or edit the session.
- Always Prompt- Every time new session files are detected PointSolutions prompts the user to move the files or leave them in the previous location.
- Offline Password - When set, the offline password allows PointSolutions to be used when internet connection is not available. Setting up an offline password is not available to single sign-on users.
- Language - Changes the PointSolutions language. PointSolutions supports the following languages: English-US, Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
- Original HTML Editor - When checked, allows the ability to add an equation to questions and/or answers. Windows only.
- Logging Information - This opens up the software log. Provides an easier way to export logs to assist in troubleshooting
Short Cut Keys
PointSolutions allows for user-specified shortcut keys in PowerPoint Polling and Anywhere Polling.
To change the shortcut key click Change, press a button on the keyboard, select Ctrl, Shift or Alt.
Shortcut keys are available for the following software functions:
- Repoll Slide (PP) - The repoll function in the PowerPoint Polling environment.
- Show/Hide Countdown Timer - This shortcut applies to the countdown timer in the Anywhere Polling environment.
- Play/Pause Countdown Timer - This shortcut applies to the countdown timer in all three polling environments.
- Show/Hide Response Grid - This shortcut applies to the response grid in the PowerPoint and Anywhere Polling environments.
- Show/Hide Connection Information - This shortcut applies to the PowerPoint and Anywhere Polling environments.
- Show/Hide Chart - This shortcut applies to the chart window in the Anywhere Polling environment.
- Show/Hide Presentation Window - This shortcut applies to the PowerPoint and Anywhere Polling environments. In the PowerPoint Polling environment the screen displays black.
- Show/Hide Showbar (PP) - This shortcut applies to the PowerPoint Polling environment.
- Start/Stop Polling - This shortcut applies to the Anywhere Polling environment.
- Toggle Responses - This shortcut toggles the response count and percentages in the PowerPoint and Anywhere Polling environments.
- Start/Stop Attendance Polling - This shortcut applies to the PowerPoint and Anywhere Polling environments.
- State - Changes the state for state-standards information for converted ExamView content and user-made content.