You must first download PointSolutions Desktop before you can install the software.
Installing the PC Version of PointSolutions Desktop
- After downloading PointSolutions Desktop, double-click the pointsolutions_installer_pc_X.X.X.exe file in your Downloads folder.
- Click Yes to allow the app to make changes to your device.
The InstallShield Wizard opens.
- Click Next.
- Optionally, check to Open PowerPoint polling add-in every time PowerPoint is launched. for Current Users or All Users.
- Click Install.
The computer installs PointSolutions.
- Click Finish.
Select the Launch PointSolutions checkbox before clicking Finish to immediately open the application or double-click the PointSolutions shortcut on the desktop to open the application.
Installing the Mac Version of PointSolutions Desktop
- After downloading PointSolutions Desktop, double-click the pointsolutions_mac_X.X.X.dmg file in your Downloads folder.
A window with the PointSolutions icon and an arrow pointing to the Applications folder opens.
- Click and drag the PointSolutions icon and drop it into the Applications folder icon, as shown in the figure below.
- Eject the PointSolutions DMG file from your desktop.
If you would like to launch PointSolutions Desktop from outside the Applications folder, select the PointSolutions icon from within the Applications folder and click File > Make Alias. Move this shortcut to the desktop or the dock.
If you get a Set Region Failed error, run through the above steps again. This error occurs when launching PointSolutions Desktop from outside the Applications folder.