Question Banks are pools of questions from which Instructors can make selections to be included on a test. Question Banks organize all of your questions with similar and/or related topics for easy reference in the future. You can create Question Banks from EchoExam, or import an existing ExamView Desktop question bank.
Question Banks Tab
In addition to being able to see how many Questions Banks and the number of questions in each, from the Question Banks tab, you can Search and Sort your Question Banks.
- Search - Searches Question Bank titles and questions for your search term.
- Sort - From the drop-down, you can sort by Updated, Created, A to Z, and Z to A. Updated is the default option.
Create New Question Banks
You are able to create question banks so that similar questions are grouped together for easy reference.
- Log into EchoExam with your instructor account.
- From the My Library tab, select Question Banks from the navigation.
- Click the New Question Bank button.
The New Question Bank window opens.
- Enter a question bank name and click Create.
You can now add questions.
Question Bank Action Items
Each Question Bank has action items that can be performed. Click on the three vertical dots to open the action menu for that bank.
- Open - This launches the question bank view where Instructors can add, remove, and edit questions within the Question Bank.
- Any question that is removed from a Question Bank is removed from that Question Bank only. The Question will remain in your library and in any other Question Banks it is a part of.
- When you edit a question, the changes will be applied to every Question Bank and Test where the question appears. Exams that have already been made available to learners will not be impacted.
- The question bank name can also be edited from this view.
- Rename - Opens a dialog box allowing you to update the question bank name.
- Delete - Opens a confirmation window to ensure Instructors don't accidentally delete banks.
Delete removes the bank only. Questions associated with the deleted bank are still included in the Question library and any other Question Banks they are associated with.
Importing Question Banks
EchoExam works with your ExamView Desktop .bnk files. Import these into EchoExam to begin using them to create tests.