You are able to publish any test you have created as an Exam that your learners complete online.
Publish an Online Test
- Log into EchoExam using your Instructor account.
- From the My Library tab, select Tests from the menu.
- Click the three vertical dots to open the action menu and select Publish.
You may also click Publish within the Test Editor.
- Choose a Course Record from the drop-down to publish the test to or search and select a specific course.
- Optionally, you may change the Exam Name.
The Exam Name is pre-filled with the test name and the date.
- Click Show Settings.
The settings for the Exam are shown. Click Hide Settings to hide them.
Exam Settings - These settings are disabled by default.
- Show score - When enabled, the learner sees final points or percentage score after submitting the test.
- Show results - When enabled, the learner will see which questions they answered correctly and incorrectly when submitting their attempt.
- Randomize answers - When enabled, answer options are displayed in random order each time a learner takes the test.
- Randomize questions - When enabled, questions are displayed in random order each time a learner takes the test.
- Browser lock - Prevents learners from viewing additional tabs or using other applications on their device while taking the exam.
Number of Attempts - Set from 1 to 10 or Unlimited. This defines the number of times each learner can submit the exam in the scheduled time.
Submitted Score - This option appears when more than one attempt is set for the exam and allows the instructor to choose how the exam grade will be calculated for learners. Highest Score is selected by default.
- Highest Score - Takes the highest score attempt that the learner submitted.
- Average Score - Takes the average score from all attempts that the learner submitted.
- Last Attempt - Takes the score from the most recent attempt that the learner submitted.
- Submitted Score - This option appears when more than one attempt is set for the exam and allows the instructor to choose how the exam grade will be calculated for learners. Highest Score is selected by default.
Passing Score - Set a minimum score that the learner has to achieve to pass the test.
- Points - Set a minimum number of points needed to pass the test.
- Percentage - Set a minimum percentage needed to pass the test.
- Exam Settings - These settings are disabled by default.
- Click Save.
When you click Save, your exam is created within the selected course, but it is not yet available to learners. You must first access a course directly to adjust the roster for the exam (if desired) and to set the start / end date / times for the exam (if desired). Next, from My Courses > Exam, you need to click Assign to make the exam either immediately available, or available at the start date / time you selected.