The Tablet Settings tab allows you configure the WorkSpace Connect connection. For more information on how to set up WorkSpace Connect.
The WorkSpace toolbar Main Menu icon reveals a list of sub-menus. The following table provides an overview of each available menu.
The File Menu provides options for opening a blank page or saved document, saving a document, emailing a document, exporting a document and importing a document.
The Edit Menu provides options for the WorkSpace editing tool. The tools are only active when WorkSpace is in Lesson Mode and when the Selection tool is active.
The Annotation function, Page Sorter, Previous Page and Next Page can be found in the View Menu.
The Tools Menu is displayed when the Toolbox is selected. It displays the less frequently used tools.
The Create Menu provides access to the Blank Page, Grid Page and Image Page tools. Additionally, Duplicate Page and Create Calendar Page can be accessed from this menu.
The Insert Menu is available when a page is opened. The Picture, Hyperlink and Audio Note tools can be accessed from this menu.
The Window Menu is displayed when a page is opened. It displays tools associated with window size, as well as the Timer, Mouse Mode, On-screen Keyboard, Gallery and Curtain.
The Help Menu includes the following options: Help opens the online WorkSpace User Guide, Check for Updates, Register Online, Show License Information, and About.
- New - Create a new presentation file.
- Open - Open an existing presentation file.
- Save - Save the current presentation file. You will be prompted to save the presentation when you close the file or exit WorkSpace. The Save function is also available on the DualBoard Features Menu.
Presentation files are automatically saved and titled as the current date and lesson number: e.g., May 11, 2014_1.GWB
- Save As - Save the presentation file with a different file name.
- E-mail - E-mail a presentation file. Before the message form is displayed, you are given the option to e-mail the selected file either as a GWB file, or as a PDF file. The recipient must have Interwrite WorkSpace installed in order to view a GWB file. Make your selection and click the E-mail icon to display an e-mail message form with the attachment already in place.
- E-mail PDF File - Export the currently opened presentation file to PDF and automatically attach it to an e-mail message.
- Print - Print the presentation.
- Export to HTML - Export the current presentation to an HTML file.
- Export to JPG - Export the current presentation to a JPG.
- Export to PDF - Export the current presentation to a PDF.
- Export to IWB - Export the current presentation to an IWB file.
- Import - Import the current presentation file to an IWB file.
- Undo - Use this option to undo the most recently performed action.
- Redo - Use this option to redo the last undo action. The tool is unavailable until something has been undone.
- Cut - Remove the selected object or objects with the Cut option. Cut is only available when one or more objects have been selected. Objects that are cut are moved to the Clipboard, making them available for pasting. Alternatively, press Cmd + X on the keyboard to cut an object or objects.
- Copy - The Copy option duplicates a selected object or objects. Copy is only available when one or more objects have been selected. Alternatively, pressCmd+ C on the keyboard to copy an object or objects.
- Paste - Paste the copied or cut object or objects onto the current page. Paste is only available when an object has been cut or copied to the Clipboard. Text pasted into a presentation file from another application, such as Word, retains the text attributes of the first character of the pasted text. Those attributes will be applied to the characters of the pasted text. Alternatively, press Cmd + V on the keyboard to paste an object or objects.
- Export Entity - Use this option to export an object (entity) to a file format from the drop-down menu of the Export Entities window.
- Group - Select multiple items on a page and “lock” them into a group. Click each object to be grouped and then use the command Cmd + G to group the objects (you do not need to hold down Shift while selecting objects). To ungroup the objects, click , mouse over Edit, mouse over Group and select Ungroup Entities.
- Select All - Use this option to select all of the objects on the current page. Alternatively, press Cmd + A on the keyboard to select all objects on the current page.
- Order - Use the option to place selected items in a specific order.
- Clear Page - Delete the selected object or objects. If nothing is selected on the page, the Clear Page tool deletes everything on the page.
- Delete Page - Delete the entire page.
- Change Authorizations - Enter a valid Authorization Code for WorkSpace (if applicable).
- Annotation - Annotate the page within Lesson Mode.
- Page Sorter - View thumbnails of the pages in a presentation. Additionally, select a page by clicking on it, click and drag a page to a different location within the presentation, or use the Up and Down arrows to move pages around the presentation.
- Previous Page - Move back a page in the presentation.
- Next Page - Move forward a page in the presentation.
- Blank Page - Add a blank page to the presentation.
- Grid Page - Add a grid page to the presentation.
- Image Page - Add an image page to the presentation.
- Duplicate Page - Add a duplicate of the current page to the presentation directly after the current page.
- Create Calendar Page - Add a calendar page to the presentation. Select and preview a one week, one-, two-, three-, or four-month calendar. Indicate a starting month and year (the current month and year is the default) and choose a background color for the calendar.
- Picture - Add an image, such as a JPG file to the presentation.
- Hyperlink - Insert a link to a webpage.
- Audio Note - Add audio files to presentation files that you have recorded.
- Close Window - Close the presentation.
- Minimize Window - Minimize the presentation.
- Zoom Window - Zoom in or out of the presentation window.
- Interwrite Sims - Interwrite Sims are installed along with WorkSpace and serve as an alternative to Flash. Click the Toolbox icon on the main toolbar to access the Interwrite Sims icon.
- Timer - Time classroom activities, exams, or quizzes.
- Mouse Mode - Applications and the desktop can be accessed using the Mouse tool while in Mouse Mode.
- Onscreen Keyboard - Place the cursor where you wish to insert typed keyboard characters.
- Gallery - The Gallery contains an extensive collection of images and interactive Flash simulations, called Interwrite Sims, arranged in categories.
- Curtain - Hide the current page or hide the current desktop screen, if you are in Mouse mode.
- Help - Opens the online WorkSpace user guide.
- Check for Updates - Checks for WorkSpace software updates.
- Register Online - Opens the Product Registration page, where you can submit your registration information.
- Show License Information - This dialog allows you to add or view your license information.
- About - This window provides contact information, a copy of the End User License Agreement (EULA) and copyright information.