Office Mode allows you to interact directly with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. In Office Mode, you can add annotations directly to a slide, document or spreadsheet. The annotations become part of the native application file, rather than being saved as a page in an WorkSpace file.NOTE
Text entered with the Text, Freehand Text Pen and Freehand Text Recognition tools is considered real text.
When Whiteboard Mode is selected, all notes made on the whiteboard can be captured and saved as pages within WorkSpace for distribution, without the use of the projector.
The communication in Whiteboard Mode is one-way between the DualBoard and the computer. A projector is not involved and computer input is not communicated back to the Dualboard. A special dry erasable pen is needed.
Enabling Whiteboard Mode
Whiteboard Mode must be enabled through Device Manager.
- Plug the Whiteboard USB cable into an available USB port on your computer. Alternatively, use the Wireless Kit. See Setting Up the DualBoard via Wireless Kit for more information.
- Select Whiteboard Mode from the Device Manager Tools menu.
An image of the whiteboard is displayed on the desktop.
Using Whiteboard Mode
A special dry erasable pen is needed.
- Put the cap on the Marker Pen and click the Save icon on the DualBoard Features Menu.
- Click the Clear icon twice.
The electronic image of the whiteboard on the computer will now be blank.
- Erase the dry-erase ink from the whiteboard's surface.
- Begin writing and drawing on the new page.
- Use the whiteboard tools on the Whiteboard Mode toolbar to save and print the presentation file.
Setting Up the DualBoard via Wireless Kit
The Turning Technologies, LLC Device Manager must be installed on your computer prior to using the DualBoard. Device Manager is automatically installed with the following software: WorkSpace, CPS, Response and Flow.
An RF (Radio Frequency) receiver plugs into a USB port on your computer or a powered USB Hub. A second receiver is connected to the DualBoard controller box via USB cable. The receiver is seated in a holster that slips over the frame at the top of the board.
The RF receiver works best when it is not plugged into a computer that is under a podium or a desk. If necessary, use a powered USB extension cable to remove the RF receiver from under furniture that may shield the RF signal.
- Connect the AC/DC power adapter to the DualBoard controller box.
- Plug the opposite end of the AC/DC power adapter into a wall outlet.
- Plug the end of the USB cable (RJ12) into the DualBoard controller box located on the back of the board. The controller box is located on the bottom left of the board, if the board has already been hung up.
- Slide the RF COM plastic grey holster over the board’s frame at the top of the DualBoard.
- Seat the receiver into the plastic grey holster.
- Click the Power switch to the On position.
- Plug the RF receiver into an available USB port on your computer.
- Press the pairing button on the receiver.
- Press the pairing button on the RF receiver. The blue light will begin to blink.
You have two minutes to press the pairing button.
When the two devices have been successfully paired, the blue buttons on the receivers will stop blinking and remain a solid blue until one of the following three instances occur:
- the RF receiver is removed from the computer
- the DualBoard is turned off
- the computer is turned off
Pairing the device is a one-time operation.