The Transcript editor can be accessed either from the Media tile menu or from the Media Details page from either your Library or from any Collection where you have edit transcript permissions. If system and course settings allow it, it may also be accessible from the Class list by clicking the video icon.
Edit Transcript is an option in the Media Tile menu on your Library page, as shown in the below figure.
Edit Transcript has TWO locations in the Media Details page - both are identified in the below figure:
- In the main command options area immediately below the playback panel; this command also resides below the playback panel in the media details page from within a Collection.
- In the Transcriptions drop-down list of the Details tab.
If course media editing and/or Student transcript editing is allowed for the Echo360 course, Edit transcript also appears in the Class List icon menu for the video.
Once open, the transcript editor provides a playback panel for the media on the left, and the transcript, broken out into its associated cues on the right.
The panel at the top has the control buttons for the transcript, including:
- Editing (including undo/redo buttons and changing Speaker tags)
- Search and Replace
- Apply Transcript to Closed Captions
- Confidence score slider
- Selecting a different version of the transcript to edit
Selecting to Edit the transcript changes the right panel and allows you to click inside any of the cues and edit the words there. You can also change the speaker identification if appropriate.
The playback pane on the LEFT side of the transcript editor allows you to play, pause, scrub to a different location and set the playback to pause while editing.