The look and feel of the Player is changing! Upcoming changes are identified in this article by providing screenshots labeled "Old UI" and "New UI".
Having problems submitting videos?
1) A Moodle Administrator must have installed the EchoVideo plugin AND filter for embedding EchoVideo media for Moodle AND configured the system to allow Students to embed EchoVideo media.
2) The Student Library must be enabled OR you must be a member of a Collection where you have Post permissions.
If your Instructor has posted an Assignment in Moodle and requested you submit EchoVideo media as a response, use the below instructions to select and submit media from EchoVideo.
Submitting EchoVideo media is as simple as clicking the EchoVideo Embed media button, identified in the below figure, and then selecting the media you want to use from the list.
Once you submit media for a Moodle assignment, it is locked and cannot be edited or deleted. This applies to Collection media that might be owned by someone else as well as media you own. You can create a copy of the video or download it. An EchoVideo Admin can delete the video if necessary.
Helpful Tip: You MAY find the easiest way to add video content to EchoVideo is through the EchoVideo Mobile Apps. Specifically, the Mobile Apps allow you to Upload a video from your phone or tablet into your library. If you are not already a Mobile Apps user, you may need to create an EchoVideo password to use with them first (Settings icon Account Settings Create Password).
The below procedure submits media you have access to as a Moodle assignment. This can be EchoVideo media you own or media that lives in a Collection where you have Post permissions. The EchoVideo embed media dialog box also allows you to upload and submit a video as a single process through the same interface. You may even have the option to create a new recording using Universal Capture Personal, if this feature has been enabled for students.
To submit an EchoVideo media for a Moodle Assignment
- Log in to Moodle as a student then navigate into a course.
- Select the assignment you want to submit an EchoVideo media response to.
- Click Add submission.
- Directly above the main portion of the content window, click the EchoVideo icon, as identified in the above figure.
A dialog box appears with a content selection screen, presenting the options available to you. Click the Launch Media Picker option to choose from your existing content and see the EchoVideo audio, video, or interactive media you own, as well as media in any Collection where you have the Post permission. If you need to upload media to embed, click the Upload Content option, and refer to the instructions in the link if necessary.
- If necessary, use the Search text box and / or Filters options to find the media you want to embed into the window.
Select the media you want to embed and click Next.
The dialog box changes to show the selected media as well as playback configuration options, all of which are described below the figure.
If you want to post a link to the media instead of embedding it directly into the page, enable the Link toggle and if necessary see Posting a Link to EchoVideo Media in your LMS / VLE Course.
If you want to embed multiple items together as a Playlist, see EchoVideo: Creating Playlists in your LMS / VLE Course.
- From the Player Style drop-down list, select the style you want to be applied to the player.
The Player Style drop-down only appears if your institution has created custom player styles to choose from. If you have selection options, pick the one for your department or organization (or the default) that you want applied to the playback of this media.
Selecting a style may automatically select Size, Autoplay, and Automute options for you; these can still be changed.
- From the Select size drop-down list, select the size for the media playback. It is 640x420 by default.
- If appropriate, enable the option to Autoplay the video (it will play as soon as a user opens the page you are embedding it into).
- If you enable Autoplay, Automute is automatically enabled, to accommodate browsers that no longer allow autoplay with sound. You CAN enable Automute separately without Autoplay.
- If appropriate, set a Start At time. If set, the video will begin playing at that timestamp, although viewers will be able to rewind / fast-forward the player to view any segment of the embedded video.
This option is NOT available for interactive media.
- If desired, disable the Discussion option to prevent EchoVideo Q&A functionality for your embedded content.
- When finished, click Embed.
- Once inserted, the video itself does NOT show up in the window; the video submission shows up as a link in the content window, as shown below. This is normal behavior while you are editing the page.
Be careful not to modify the link! If you accidentally do so, delete the link and click the EchoVideo button again to re-embed the video.
- Once your submission is complete, click Save changes.
Your video is submitted and will appear on the Submission page for the assignment.
The Instructor will be able to view and grade your submission in the Assignments Submissions page.