Only institution-level Administrators have access to this feature toggle.
For this feature, Library media refers to media that the student owns as well as media that has been shared with them. This feature allowing Students to create or edit media transcripts will apply to ALL audio or video media a Student can access through their Library. This logically requires that the Student Library be turned ON for the institution.
Students may need to create transcripts for media they generated or uploaded to the system, or they may need to edit automated transcripts if requested by an instructor or teaching assistant. What this feature does is allows the instructor, teaching assistant, or admin to share class media with one or a few students and then assign transcription editing of that media to those students. This process differs from allowing all students in a course to edit transcripts of published media.
WARNING about published content: Whenever an item is edited, transcripts or otherwise, the changes apply to ALL PUBLISHED VERSIONS of the content.
To enable student transcript editing for library media
- Log into EchoVideo as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
General settings appears and Basic Info is selected by default.
- Select Roles and Permissions and then click Student, as shown in the below figure.
- Click the toggle to turn the Student Transcript Editor access for Library media feature on or off. It is OFF by default. Review the warning message that appears.
NOTE: The Student Library needs to be turned ON for this toggle to have any affect.
See Automatic Transcriptioning Service or ASR for additional details surrounding transcriptioning. See Using the EchoVideo Transcript Editor for more information and documentation to provide students for editing transcripts.