Your instructor may take location-based attendance with PointSolutions. When location-based attendance is required, you need to make sure that location is enabled on the device you are using and that you are within the specified location range that was set by your instructor.
WiFi network settings or VPNs may interfere with location data when responding from a browser.
Enabling Location in Chrome From Your Computer
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Click the three vertical dots on the top right of your Chrome toolbar.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Click Privacy and security from the menu on the left.
- From under Privacy and security, select Site settings.
- From under Permissions, click Location.
- Allow location permission.
If you are using Chrome from a Mac computer, you may get a notification that "Location is turned off in your Mac system preferences." Follow the onscreen instructions to update your computer's location preferences.
Enabling Location in Chrome From Your Mobile Device
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Select the 3 vertical dots).
- Tap Settings.
- Select Site settings.
- Tap Location.
- Turn Location on.
To change the settings for a specific site, tap the site name, and turn Location on.
iPhone and iPad
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- Scroll and tap Chrome.
- Select Location.
- Tap While Using the App.