The QT2 clicker device takes the response experience to a new level of performance. Providing the same features as other RF clickers, the QT2 expands the functionality by offering capabilities such as a full QWERTY keypad and a backlit screen for easy viewing. The QT2 provides the richest and most fulfilling response experience ever.
QT2 clickers ship with a plastic tab in the battery compartment to preserve battery life. Before using your clicker, remove the battery cover and remove the tab.
Press any button to wake up your clicker. It will shut off automatically after several minutes.
Changing the Channel
Your instructor will provide you with the channel number they are using in class. Use the steps below to check your clicker’s channel and change to the correct channel.
If the lock symbol appears next to the channel number, the channel cannot be changed.
- Press the CH button.
- Use the number pad to enter the new channel number.
- Once the channel number has been entered, press OK.
If you don’t know the channel number you need to connect to, you can scan to find receivers in range. Use the steps below to find a receiver within range of your clicker.
- Press the CH button.
- Press the middle ^ key, indicated on the screen by the signal icon to scan for the receiver(s) within range.
The QT2 will display a loading screen while it scans for any receivers within range.
- Use the arrow keys to scroll through available channels.
The QT2 will display “Can’t Find Channels” if no active receivers are in range.
- Press OK to select the channel.
During a polling session, your QT2 clicker will prompt you to enter the proper response. An indicator appears in the top left of the clicker screen for each question type. When you respond to a live polling question with your clicker, the LCD screen will display the answer you’ve chosen. After typing your answer, be sure to click OK on the clicker to submit your response to the question.
|Numeric Response questions
|Multiple Response question with numeric answer values
|Multiple Response question with alpha answer values
|Short Answer and Essay question
When sending a response or when a response is successfully received, an icon appears at the bottom center of the screen. The following are graphic representations of these icons:
|The response is being sent.
|The response was sent successfully.
Logging Into a Test
You can use your QT2 clicker to submit your responses to a test that your instructor has provided through a self-paced polling session. Once your instructor opens the self-paced polling session, follow the steps below to submit your answers using your QT2 clicker.
- Press any button on the QWERTY keypad to open the Test workflow.
You will see a Welcome message, followed by a battery check, and the loading screen while the test loads.
- You may be prompted for your ID.
- Press the Backspace key to clear the information displayed.
- Enter your ID.
- Press OK.
- You may be prompted for the Test Version.
- Locate the Test Version number on the paper test.
- Use the number pad to enter the Test Version.
- Press OK.
The test name, version number (if applicable), and question count are displayed.
If the information displayed in the previous step is correct, press OK. Press the back button (left function key) if the information is incorrect. Verify that the QT2 is on the correct channel and begin the process from Step 1.
You are now in the Test and you can use your QT2 clicker to navigate through the questions and submit your answers.
Taking a Test
Enter a response for each question in the test. Use the left and right arrow keys to move forward or backward through the test questions.
Respond to each question in the test based on the question type. When your answer has been submitted for a question, the question number will be displayed at the top of the LCD screen.
- Single Response - Press the function key below your answer choice. Up to five answer choices will be visible on the QT2. Press the up / down arrows to view more choices. Answer choices can be alpha or numeric.
- Multiple Response - Use the number pad to enter your answer choices and then press OK once you have made your selection. Answer choices can be alpha or numeric.
- Short Answer / Essay - Use the keyboard to enter the answer text and press OK. The available number of remaining characters is indicated in the upper right of the screen.
- Numeric Response - Enter the response using the number pad and press OK.
- True / False - Press the function key below your answer.
Go To a Specific Question
- Press the Toolbox button.
- Use the left and right arrow keys to highlight the Go to Question icon and press OK.
- Use the number pad to enter the question number.
- Press OK to go to the question.
Sending a Test
Once you have answered all of the test questions, you must submit your attempt. Use the steps below to submit your completed test.
When answering the last question of the test, you will receive a message that the test is complete or incomplete. If you receive this message, skip to step 3.
- Press the Toolbox button.
- Use the left and right arrow keys to highlight the Exit Test icon and press OK.
A message is displayed that the test is complete or incomplete. Press the function key below the Go Back Arrow twice to return to the test to complete any unanswered questions and review your answers.
- Press the function key below Send Test to send the test.
- A message is displayed to confirm that you would like to send the test.
- Press the function key below OK.
The test is saved and sent to the host computer.
Toolbox and Function Icon Keys
Send Message - Sends a message to the presenter. The presenter is unable to respond via the same method.
The presenter may have this feature disabled in the software. If disabled, you will see Not Open when trying to send a message.
|Your ID - Assigns an alphanumeric identification to the device.
Settings - Press the function key below OK to open the settings and use
|Device Info - Displays the Device ID. Found in Settings.
|Contrast - Press the left and right arrows to adjust the contrast of the objects. Press OK to save. Found in Settings.
|Brightness - Press the left and right arrows to adjust the backlight luminosity of the LCD display and the keypad on the QT2. Press OK to save. Found in Settings.
|Go to Question - Select a specific question. Use the number pad to enter a question number and press the function key below OK. This is only available when answering test questions in a self-paced polling session.
|Skipped Question - View the next unanswered question. Only available when answering test questions in a self-paced polling session.
|Test Info - Displays the test name, version (if applicable), and number of questions. Only available when answering test questions in a self-paced polling session.
|Exit Test - Exits a test. Unanswered questions are displayed. Only available when answering test questions in a self-paced polling session.
|Go Back Arrow - Returns to the Toolbox.
|Delete Test - Deletes the test attempt. Only available when answering test questions in a self-paced polling session.
| Send Test - Submit the test attempt to your instructor. Only available when answering test questions in a self-paced polling session.