Who can do this?
Instructors and Teaching Assistants where the institution has a Webex Integration configured. If you do not see a Webex Settings option on the left side of the Account Settings screen as described below, this page does not apply to you.
Enabling Automatic Uploads
You can automatically copy all of your new Webex recordings to your EchoVideo Library if your Institution Admin had configured this integration. After enabling, when a new Webex recording is created, it will automatically ingest into your EchoVideo Library. Once in your Library, you can then publish or share it with others.
Content in Webex before enabling this feature will not be ingested into your EchoVideo Library.
- Log into EchoVideo as an Instructor or TA.
- Click the Settings icon and then select Account Settings, as shown in the figure below.
- Click Webex Settings and enable the toggle (it is disabled by default) under Automatically copy Webex recordings to Echo360, as shown in the figure below.
Your Webex recordings are now copied to your EchoVideo library.
Mapping Webex Meetings to Sections
EchoVideo allows you to map your existing scheduled Webex meetings into existing EchoVideo sections. Once mapped, EchoVideo automatically creates new classes in the selected EchoVideo section and automatically publishes the completed Webex recordings there. If mapped to a section, your recordings will reside in BOTH your EchoVideo library as well as the targeted section.
Mapping your regularly scheduled Webex meetings to EchoVideo sections allows your students to follow your existing process of entering their Webex classes as scheduled. Since the completed recordings are automatically published to the section, students can then access and review those recordings again later as needed, without further action from you.
A few notes to be aware of regarding the Webex to Echo mapping:
- Each Webex meeting can be mapped to one EchoVideo section at a time. This process assumes you are using different Webex meeting IDs for each of your course sections.
- You can select sections that reside in the current term or in a future term only; you cannot pick a section whose term has expired (the end date of the term is in the past).
- The section classes are not created until the Webex recording is complete and processed. The class is created when the recording is published in EchoVideo.
- All recordings are copied to your EchoVideo library, in addition to any mapped section.
- If the meeting recording is stopped and restarted, only the LONGEST segment of the recording is published to the section. However, ALL segments of the recording are copied to your library.
- Mapping and auto-publishing of Webex meeting recordings require that the Automatically copy Webex recordings to Echo360 toggle be turned ON. If this toggle is turned off, no recordings will be copied to EchoVideo during that time, and logically no recordings will be published to your sections.
Finally, if you are not in the habit of giving your Webex meetings meaningful names, you may want to start. The meeting number and the meeting name are shown in the list, and meaningful names will help you map them to the proper sections.
To map existing Webex meetings to EchoVideo sections
- Enter EchoVideo as an Instructor or Teaching Assistant.
- Click the Settings icon, and then select Account Settings, as shown in the figure below.
- Click Webex Settings from the left side of the page.
The lower section of the page lists all of your currently configured Webex meetings.
Use the drop-down list to the right of each meeting to map those recordings to an EchoVideo section, as shown in the figure below.
You may also leave the default setting of Library Only.
- Repeat for each meeting in the list as needed. Remember that all recordings are copied to your library in addition to being published to any selected section if one is mapped.
- When finished, scroll to the bottom and select Save, as shown in the figure above.
Do not navigate away from the page without saving.
Remember that the classes to hold these recordings are created AFTER each meeting has finished and the recording has been copied into EchoVideo.
These mappings can be changed as needed. Remember that any changes made on the page apply to meetings from this point forward; no changes are back-applied to meetings that have already occurred or recordings that have already been copied into EchoVideo.