In EchoPoll, instructors can take course attendance with learners to ensure learners are present for learning activities. We provide the ability to check with our without enforcing learners be within a geographical area for the check in.
To take attendance, you must first have a course and have learners rostered in that course. Once you have a course with rostered learners, you can take attendance at any time within your course home from the Results tab.
To learn more about managing courses, including rostering learners, see our related knowledge base article:
Creating Courses in EchoPoll
To take attendance:
- Log into EchoPoll with your instructor account.
- From the My Dashboard tab, scroll down and select your desired Course from the My Courses section.
- From the My Courses tab, select a course you wish to take attendance in.
- From within the course home, click on the Results tab and select the Attendance tab, as shown in the figure below.
- From here, you can click the Take Attendance button to take attendance, as shown in the figure above.
- Your learners who have logged in and accessed your course are prompted to check in for attendance.
- As your learners check in, they will show on your Results -> Attendance tab in your course, as shown in the figure below.
- When you are ready, click Close Attendance to end your attendance check. You will be shown a summary of your attendance check and will be prompted to name the record, as shown in the figure below.
- You will then see which learners checked in and which did not, as shown in the figure below.
You can now return here to view your attendance in the future, or view your attendance records aggregated by learner from the My Reports tab on the Participants tab.
To learn more about the My Reports tab, please refer to our article on the topic at Instructor Reports in EchoPoll
Using Location-Based Attendance
You can specify a geographic area that your learners must be within when setting up attendance for your course. Learners must be within this geographic area to successfully check in for attendance.
This attendance check is dependent on the learner's browser geo-location, so please ensure the learners allow our website to see their location when prompted in their browsers.
To take location-based attendance:
- Log into EchoPoll on your instructor account, select the course you wish to use, and click on the results tab, similar to example shown above.
- Click the Set Location button at the top of the screen.
- This will bring up the Attendance Location Settings modal.
- From here, enable the Enforce location toggle to enable location-based attendance and set the location and radius students must be within.