Prerequisites for using the Echo360 Student Homework Submission feature:
1) A Canvas Administrator must have configured an Echo360 app for video homework submissions for your Canvas instance.
2) The Student Library must be enabled OR you must be a member of a Collection where you have Post permissions.
If your Instructor has posted an Assignment in Canvas and requested you submit an Echo360 video as a response, use the below instructions to select and submit a video from your content library.
Submitting Echo360 media is as simple as selecting the Homework Submission tab, then selecting the media from Echo360 that you want to use.
Once you submit media for a Canvas assignment, it is locked and cannot be edited or deleted. This applies to Collection media that might be owned by someone else as well as media you own. You can create a copy of the video or download it. An Echo360 Admin can delete the video if necessary.
Helpful Tip: You MAY find the easiest way to add video content into Echo360 is through the Echo360 Mobile Apps. Specifically, the Mobile Apps allow you to Upload a video from your phone or tablet into your content library. If you are not already a Mobile Apps user, you may need to create an Echo360 password to use with them first (Settings icon Account Settings Create Password).
The below procedure submits media you have access to as a Canvas assignment. This can be Echo360 media you own or media that lives in a group where you have Post permissions. The Echo360 embed media dialog box also allows you to upload and submit a video as a single process through the same interface. You may even have the option to create a new recording using Universal Capture Personal, if this feature has been enabled for students.
To submit an Echo360 video for a Canvas Assignment
- Log in to Canvas as a student.
- Click Assignments on the left.
- Click on the assignment link you want to submit to.
- On the Assignment page, click Submit Assignment as shown in the below figure.
- The Assignment submission form provides two tabs: Website URL and Echo360 Homework Embed. Select the Echo360 Homework Embed tab identified in the below figure.
A dialog box appears with the Choose From My Home tab active, listing the Echo360 audio, video, or interactive media you own, as well as media in any Group where you have the Post permission. If you need to upload media to embed, click the Upload Existing Media tab, and refer to the instructions in the link if necessary.
- Scroll through the list to find the video you want to embed.
Select the video you want to embed. This enables the Insert button as shown below.
- Click Insert to submit this video for the assignment.
- Enter any comments or other information about the video you want to provide to your instructor.
- If you wish to CHANGE the video submitted, click the Change button located to the right of the URL.
- When finished, click Submit Assignment.
IMPORTANT: Once a video is submitted for an assignment is locked in Echo360; the video cannot be edited or deleted. You can make a copy of it if you need an editable version.
After submission you can review your submission from the Assignment page. Click Submission Details to see the video you submitted, along with any comments you may have provided.