In order for users to access their Echo360 library through Moodle, a link to the Echo360 library must be added as a course activity. It can be open to all course users, or limited to non-students.
Who can do this? A Moodle Admin can do this for all courses, or an Instructor or non-managing Teacher can do this for their own courses.
To add the Echo360 Library tool link to a course
- Navigate to the Course Page: Home Course Name.
- In the upper-right corner of the course page, click the Settings icon.
- From the Settings menu, select Turn editing on as shown in the below figure.
- Once Editing is turned on, in the main course row at the top of the page, select Add an activity or resource.
- Select External Tool from the Activity list and click Add.
- On the Add a new External tool page, enter an Activity name that clearly identifies this as a link to the user's Echo360 media library.
- In the External tool type list, select the Echo360 Library tool that an administrator has configured for Moodle. It should be clearly named.
- Scroll down to the Privacy section of the page. Expand it if necessary and ENSURE that the first two options are checked (Share launcher's name and Share launcher's email). If they are not and you can check them, do so. These are REQUIRED to identify the user so that Echo360 can open their library. If they are NOT checked and are grayed out, contact your administrator.
- The other configuration options on the page can be configured in any way you want, however, the following selections are recommended:
- Availability - you can set this to be visible to all course participants or HIDE the link from students. Which you select depends on your institution's policies surrounding the student library and access to it.
- Completion - since this activity does not have a duration, we recommend setting this to Do not indicate activity completion.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.
- On the course page, click the Settings icon again and select Turn Editing Off.
The course page should now show an activity link to the Echo360 Library. If the link is not available to students, the link is paired with a "Hidden from students" message on the page (visible to instructors or teaching assistants only).
Each user who clicks the link will open their own media library page in Echo360.
If you need more space than the frame provides, you can use the icon in the top left corner to close the side navigation. Alternately, you can right-click the Library command in the Echo360 window and select Open in new tab.