Who can do this? A Blackboard Admin can do this for all courses, or an Instructor can do this for their own courses.
In order for students to access EchoVideo content, an Instructor or an Admin must add an EchoVideo content link to the course.
Handy Tip: Once your Course Content link exists in your Blackboard course, you can add a shortcut to the link in the left navigation. This may be more convenient than requiring students / instructors to click Content and then click the EchoVideo link.
To add the EchoVideo LTI tool link to courses
- Log in to Blackboard as an administrator OR instructor.
- Navigate to a course.
- Click Content from the Course navigation in the left panel.
- Click Build Content, to open the content menu, then select the EchoVideo LTI tool (it should be clearly named).
- In the Create content page, enter a Name that makes it clear this is the link for EchoVideo class content.
This Name will be the text of the link that users will click to access their EchoVideo content.
- You may also want to add a Description, to make it clear this is the link to EchoVideo class recordings and other related content. This is optional.
- In the Grading Options section of the create content form, enter 100 for Points Possible (EchoVideo exports analytics as percentages).
- Complete the other options at your discretion.
Note that setting Visible to Students as "No" means that you can configure the link but students will not see it until you set this to "Yes".
- When finished, click Submit. The link should now appear (with the given name) on the Content page.
You (Admin or Instructor) can now click the link and configure it using the below instructions. BE ADVISED that until the target EchoVideo section is selected, students will see a message indicating that the section has not yet been activated.
Completing the Blackboard Link into EchoVideo
Below are quick instructions for configuring the course link into EchoVideo. If you need more detailed instructions, see Linking LMS Courses to EchoVideo Sections (Class List) or Linking LMS Courses to Individual Classes / Classrooms.
No selection lists as shown below? If your institution is configured for Simplified Provisioning, your EchoVideo section MAY be created for you on pass-through. See Simplified Course Provisioning Options for Instructors as well as Instructor How-Tos for Simplified Course Provisioning.
- Click the link to EchoVideo you just created.
Use the drop-down list(s) to select the EchoVideo term, course, and section you want to link to. You may have only a Section drop-down list to choose from, or you may have Term, Course, and Section lists as shown below.
- Click Connect to complete the configuration.
Once you link through, you are automatically enrolled as an instructor in the target section. Students, when they pass through the established link, are automatically enrolled into the target section as students. The same goes for Teaching Assistants, who are added to the EchoVideo section with that role.