If you have a direct login to EchoVideo and ever need to change your EchoVideo password, there are two methods for doing so:
- Use the Account Settings page and click CHANGE for the password field. These instructions are below.
- Use the Forgot your password? link, located on the main EchoVideo login page (echo360.org).
If you access EchoVideo through a Learning Management System (LMS) such as Canvas or Moodle, you may not have an EchoVideo password. If you need to set up a password to access EchoVideo applications such as the Mobile Apps or Universal Capture: Personal/Classroom, see Creating an EchoVideo Password for Direct Login or Mobile Apps. SSO users (who log in through their institution portal) do not need a direct login/password to use either the Mobile Apps or Universal Capture. They do need a password to use the PowerPoint Ribbon add-on.
NOTE about Passwords: EchoVideo requires passwords of a certain strength in order to secure our system. Here are some tips for generating a usable password:
- Avoid single dictionary words (ch@racter substitutions don't h3lp either - too easy to guess)
- DO use multiple words, foreign words, or an uncommon phrase - include letters/numbers/characters to improve strength
- Avoid alphanumeric or keyboard sequences such as abcd, 1234, qwerty, 09876
- Avoid your name or any location or dates associated with you (including recent/future years)
If you know your current password, use the below steps to change your EchoVideo password. If you do not know your current password, click the Forgot Password link on the main EchoVideo login page and follow the instructions in the email you will receive.
To change your password through the Account Settings page
- Log into EchoVideo as you normally do.
- Click the Settings icon(it looks like a gear), then select Account Settings.
- In the password area of the User Info section, click CHANGE.
NOTE: If this button reads CREATE PASSWORD instead of CHANGE, you do not have an EchoVideo password. See Creating an EchoVideo Password for more information.
- In the 'Change your password' dialog box that appears, enter your existing password, then enter and confirm the new password.
The password must be at least nine characters and meet the complexity requirements described in the note above.
- When finished, click SAVE.
For best results, log out and log back in again, to ensure proper authentication and access to EchoVideo functionality. While this may not be necessary, it is recommended.