EchoVideo now supports specific Capture Cards for use with Universal Capture on Windows. Capture Cards can be used for recording input(s) from external video/audio sources from Windows computers with Universal Capture installed. Each channel of a Capture Card that has multiple input options can be used as a Video and/or Audio input.
The input devices listed on this page have been qualified for use with Universal Capture on Windows by EchoVideo.
|Avermedia C727 PCIe|
|BlackMagic DeckLink Studio 4K|
|Magewell Pro Capture HDMI|
To ensure successful recording, we encourage you to follow the below test procedure the first time you use any Capture Card, especially if you are using a device not specifically listed as supported. In many cases, an unsupported device will work.
- Do a 15 minute A/V or A/V/V recording with the desired inputs.
- Publish the capture and wait for processing.
- Evaluate the processed capture. Does the output meet your standards?
Configuring a Room
- Navigate to the ROOMS page.
- Use the filtering drop-down lists and/or Search text box to find the room containing the Universal Capture for Windows device.
- Hover your mouse over the Room tile to show the menu arrow in the top-right corner of the tile.
- Click the menu arrow and select Configure.
The Configure Room dialog box appears.
- Select the desired Capture Card channel as the Video input selection for either Video-1, Video-2, or both.
- Select the desired Capture Card channel as the Audio input selection.
- Click Save.
Audio from Capture Cards cannot be muxed as it can with IP Cameras, it must be configured as the main Audio selection.