When users pass into EchoVideo from an LMS, their email address is used to generate and/or link their LMS user accounts to an EchoVideo user account. At this point, the user is given an LMS User ID in EchoVideo that identifies this user as being a particular user coming from a particular LMS instance.
In some (but rare) cases the email address for the LMS user gets linked to the wrong LMS User on the EchoVideo side. Sometimes the email address changes for the LMS user and the re-linking fails. Sometimes a different pass-through error occurs that cross-links to the wrong email address.
What happens then is that user A logs into the LMS and passes into EchoVideo, but EchoVideo identifies them as user B.
If this happens, EchoVideo provides a method for resetting the LMS account for the EchoVideo user. This removes ALL LMS User IDs from the user's account. The user has a new LMS User ID assigned to them the next time they access EchoVideo through the LMS.
In the above scenario, resetting the LMS account for user B should be sufficient, but you can reset both user accounts.
Doing so has no negative effects on user accounts or their ability to access EchoVideo. However, if you are not sure whether this action is appropriate or will solve your problem we strongly encourage you to contact EchoVideo Support to discuss it with them.
To reset an LMS user account
No Reset LMS Accounts option? If you do not see a Reset LMS Accounts option for this user, it means that we have no indication the user has ever come into EchoVideo through an LMS. If the user has been cross-linked to a different user-email address in EchoVideo, find that user and attempt these steps. Otherwise, contact EchoVideo Support for assistance.
- Log in as an administrator
- Navigate to the Users tab.
- Filter or search for the user whose account must be reset.
- Click the Action Menu located on the far right side of the user row, as shown in the below figure.
- Select Reset LMS Accounts from the Action Menu.
- Review the warning and click OK to continue.
The LMS User ID has been removed from the user. A new one will be assigned the next time the user enters EchoVideo from the LMS. This should resolve any incorrect or cross-account linking issues for the user.
Bulk Resetting Users' LMS Accounts
- Select Users from the main menu, as shown in the figure below.
- Use the filter or search option at the left of the page, as shown in the figure above.
Page navigation buttons will appear depending on how many results you are reviewing and how many users are in the institution.
- Find and select the users to edit. You can select users one by one or by clicking the box next to User and you can change how many results are displayed per page, as shown in the figure below.
Actions are taken per page of users, not all filtered results.
- When you have selected more than one user, a menu appears at the bottom of the screen, as shown in the figure above. Click the Reset LMS button. Review the warning carefully and click OK to continue.
The users' LMS accounts will be automatically linked using the email address on the next LTI launch.
Only users with LMS data will be reset.