Availability simply determines whether a Student can view media in the class where it's published. Meaning you can publish media to a class, but not allow students to see it until a certain date, or not allow them to see it after a certain date.
When captures are published to a section, the publishing settings include Availability. This may be on the capture schedule, or in the dialog box provided for manually publishing media to a class. Availability allows the publisher to set a start and/or end date for making the capture available/unavailable for student viewing.
Instructors can set availability (turn it on, or off, or make it date based) on any media published to their section. Administrators must use the Instructor Impersonation feature to set or change the availability on published media.
To set availability for a published capture
- From the main menu, select COURSES.
- Use the search box or filter drop-down lists to find the course for the section where the capture you want to manage is published.
- Click on the course to expand it and list the Sections for the course.
- HOVER over the section you want to view, to expose the action icons on the right side of the row. Update below image
- Click the Instructor icon (looks like a silhouette)
The Instructor's Class List appears.
- Find the class where the media is published and click on the media icon.
A shortcut menu appears with media availability options included.
- Click Make available/Make unavailable to change the current availability immediately.
- Click Availability Settings to make the item available or unavailable on a date-based schedule.
The Edit availability options dialog box appears with immediate and date-based options.
- When finished click Update.
- To navigate out of Instructor View, select COURSES again from the main menu across the top of the screen (or any other menu option).