Some institutions are fine with allowing students to access their class content while a section is occurring, but do not want to allow users to be able to view content from classes after the term has expired. In addition, university policy may mandate that this content is automatically made unavailable after the term ends.
Disabling Out of term student access effectively makes all content published to classes unavailable after the term ends (or before the term begins), but leaves the content in the classes. This allows instructors to view or parse student analytics, as well as allows students to continue to have access to their Study Guide and class Discussions (Q&A) after the term end-date.
By default, students can access all section content outside of term dates, but this can be disabled at the Institution, Organization, or Department level by an Administrator.
To disable student access to class content outside of term dates
- Log into EchoVideo as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
General settings appears and Basic Info is selected by default.
- Click Organizations and Departments.
- Navigate to the organization or department you want to set the default for, or remain on the Institution in the left panel.
- On the right side of the page, click Section Features.
- In the Student Content Access section, disable the Out of Term Student Access toggle switch (it is enabled by default).
- Click Confirm on the confirmation message that appears.
- Check or uncheck the Allow override checkbox to determine whether this toggle setting can be changed at any of the lower levels.
The class-published content is now no longer viewable or otherwise accessible by students. This has no effect on content in the Student Library, and does not restrict students from accessing their Study Guide or Q&A for the section.