Every capture appliance has a default configuration applied to it, which can be edited for each individual device as necessary.
To configure the Pod device defaults
- Log into EchoVideo as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the page (it looks like a gear).
- Select Configurations from the settings menu.
- From the left side of the Configurations page, click Device default configurations.
- From the options across the top, select ECHOVideo Pod.
- In the Audio section of the page, use the input drop-down list to identify the type of device input being used to capture audio. Your choices include Line-in, Microphone, and Mute.
The Mute option is provided if you are planning to capture audio through an alternate device input and ONLY want that audio feed. See note below on multiple audio feeds.
- Use the audio level drop-down list to select the input level to use for audio capture. You can select any number between 11db and -11db.
- The Channel 1 section allows you to select an HDMI-connected input device to use for either video or display. This differentiation between Display and Video inputs is for ease of use only (scheduling and Admin monitoring) and does not impact functionality or processing.
- The Channel 2 section allows for additional input types. Select the type of input expected for display or video. When accessing Universal Capture on a Pod, any configured input is only available on its respective side (Channel 1 = Left, Channel 2 = Right).
- As applicable, select the Aspect ratio for each selected input.
- Enable or disable the Capture audio slider for each device as desired.
Multiple Audio feeds? Since some inputs also allow for audio capture, the Pod appliance can capture up to three different audio feeds (one input for each channel plus the Audio channel). When the capture is processed, all enabled audio feeds are merged and synced to generate the audio for the capture playback.
Bottom line: You don't need to use anything except the Audio channel, but you can, either in addition to or instead of the Audio channel input. To capture ONLY HDMI, USB or IP Camera audio, select Mute for the Audio channel.
- Add Labels to inputs as desired.
- Enable or disable the access to the Administration menu on the front panel of the Pod appliance.
- Select the Input sources and Quality settings for the One-Touch recording profile.
The inputs/quality configured here are used as the capture profile for all ad hoc recordings initiated using only the Record icon that appears on the touch panel of the appliance when it is idle. Users can review and change these settings directly on the device prior to initiating an ad hoc recording.
See also the EchoVideo Pod FAQs and How To's for additional information on the One-touch profile.
- When finished, click SAVE, then click the Common Settings tab at the top of the page, to complete device configuration for download to a USB drive.