Every capture appliance has a default configuration applied to it, which can be edited for each individual device as necessary.
To configure the Pro device defaults
- Log into EchoVideo as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper right corner of the page (it looks like a gear).
- Select Configurations from the settings menu.
- From the left side of the Configurations page, click Device default configurations.
- From the options across the top, select ECHOVideo Pro.
- In the Audio section of the page, use the input drop-down list to identify the type of device input being used to capture audio. Your choices include RCA, Balanced, and Mute.
The Mute option is provided if you are planning to capture audio through an alternate device input and ONLY want that audio feed. See note below on multiple audio feeds.
- Use the audio level drop-down list to select the input level to use for audio capture. You can select any number between 11db and -11db.
- Channel 1 and Channel 2 sections of the configuration page are similar and allow you to select which device to use for display and video based on the connection type. Each channel supports up to four or five connected devices, one of each of the following types:
- IP Camera
Only supported on Channel 1. When accessing Universal Capture on a Pro, any configured input is only available on its respective side (Channel 1 = Left, Channel 2 = Right).
This differentiation between Display and Video inputs is for ease of use only (scheduling and Admin monitoring) and does not impact functionality or processing.
- Use the Channel 1 Display input drop-down list to identify the connected device type that will be capturing the display feed.
- Use the Channel 1 Video input type drop-down list to identify the connected device type that will be capturing the video feed.
- Repeat these steps for the connected devices capturing through Channel 2.
- As applicable, select the Aspect ratio for each selected input, or the Video Standard (NTSC/PAL) to use (for a Composite connection).
- If you are using an HDMI-connected input device or IP Camera, enable or disable the Capture audio slider for each selected device.
Multiple Audio feeds? Since some inputs also allow for audio capture, the Pro appliance can capture up to three different audio feeds (one input for each channel plus the Audio channel). When the capture is processed, all enabled audio feeds are merged and synced to generate the audio for the capture playback.
Bottom line: You don't need to use anything except the Audio channel, but you can, either in addition to or instead of the Audio channel input. To capture ONLY HDMI or IP Camera audio, select Mute for the Audio channel.
- Add labels to inputs as desired.
- Enable or disable the access to the Administration menu on the front panel of the Pro appliance.
- Select the Input sources and Quality settings for the One-Touch recording profile.
The inputs/quality configured here are used as the capture profile for all ad hoc recordings initiated using only the Record button on the front of the appliance. Users can review these settings and change them if needed using the menus available through the front panel display.
If you are considering using Highest Definition, see Capturing and Streaming in 1080p first.
See also the EchoVideo Pro FAQs and How To's for additional information on the One-touch profile.
- When finished, click Save, then click the Common Settings tab at the top of the page, to complete device configuration for download to a USB drive.