Some institutions do not want to allow the student/instructor Q&A or student discussion capability for classes. The Q&A capability is enabled for all institutions by default but can be disabled by an Administrator at the institution, organization, or department level.
Instructors can also enable or disable Q&A at the section level unless overrides are disallowed at a higher level.
To disable Questions (Q&A) across the institution
- Log into EchoVideo as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
General settings appears and Basic Info is selected by default.
- Click Organizations and Departments.
The Institution appears at the top of the list and is selected by default.
- Navigate to the organization or department you want to set the default for or remain at the Institution level.
- On the right side of the page, click Section Features.
- Scroll down and under Interactive Features, disable the Q&A toggle switch (it is enabled by default).
- Check or uncheck the Allow override checkbox to determine whether this toggle setting can be changed at any of the lower levels.
- Click Confirm on the confirmation message that appears.
Q&A functionality is now disabled by default. Users will not see the Questions button in the classroom toolbar or the Q&A tab for any section.
NOTE: If students had entered questions (and bookmarked them) prior to the feature being disabled, those questions will still appear in the students' Study Guide. But no further questions or responses can be entered.