EchoVideo instructors and teaching assistants can view published content within a section, and in some cases edit the media published there even if they don't own it. However, if the user can create a copy of the media that they own, they have much more control over the copy. Admins can enable or disable the ability for instructors and teaching assistants to create copies of course-published content.
When a user creates a copy, the user who initiated the copy is the owner of the copy, and the content appears in the My Content tab of their Content Home page. Content owners have more control and options for their content than simply viewing it. For Instructors and Teaching Assistants, this includes editing it, publishing it to courses, sharing it with other users, as well as creating a public URL or embeddable link to a video.
Review Public Links feature setting: If users are allowed to copy content from the Class List page, they are now the owners of the copy they generate. This means that if both content copying and public links are enabled, users could generate a copy of published content, then generate a fully public link to that content. Just be sure to review your institution's policies and configure both of these toggle settings for Students and Instructors as appropriate.
The instructor/teaching assistant course content copy feature works for both Capture/Video media and Presentations. It can be set at the institution level, as well as at the Organization, Department, and Section levels if Overrides are allowed.
To allow/restrict instructor copying of class-published content
- Log into EchoVideo as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
General settings appears and Basic Info is selected by default.
- Select Section Features.
- Under Instructor and Teaching Assistant Permissions (top) section of the page, enable/disable the Allow instructors to copy course content toggle as shown above.
- Check or uncheck the Allow override checkbox to determine whether this setting can be changed at any of the lower levels (org/dept/section).
- Review all confirmation messages that appear, and click Confirm if appropriate.
The instructor/teaching assistant copying of course-published media functionality is now set. If you have checked the Allow override box, you can alter this setting at the organization or department level, and Instructors can alter the setting at the Section level.