Improvement and Fixes
These Release Notes contain a summary of changes made for the 31 Jan, 2024 release of EchoVideo. For changes made in previous deployments, see the other Deployment Notes articles located in this Topic group, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This release only applies to our US, CA, and APAC regions.
Our EMEA region will receive these updates at a later time.
New "Beta and Preview Features" Section in Institution Features
We have introduced a new section to the Institution Features page to clearly identify and call out current beta and preview features of EchoVideo. The current Chaptering beta toggle available in North America has been moved here along with the new player toggle discussed in more detail below.
New EchoPlayer Opt-In/Opt-Out Toggle
We have introduced an Institution-level toggle to be able to opt out of the new version of the Player, if desired, along with the other features dependent on the new player.
It is important to note that the following additional features will be unavailable when reverting to the legacy player and cannot be enabled individually:
- The creation of Playlists using the Easy Embed tool within your LMS.
- The ability to enable or disable Discussions for embedded content using the Easy Embed.
- Alternate Copyright settings as well as the ability to enforce Copyright acknowledgment.
Additionally, note that participation in the QuadraVision beta requires the newly updated player. Reverting to the legacy player will automatically disable the beta.
- A few updates to the new version of the player:
- The default volume when launching the new player is now set to 100%.
- Resolved an issue where clicking the transcript button in the embedded player could sometimes result in an error.
- Resolved an issue where Students launching a piece of Interactive Media from an embedded link could not respond to polls.
- The AM/PM toggle when publishing content to a new class via the Share modal has a new look and feel for accessibility and usability. Color contrast has been amplified.
Fixes Released 13 Jan 2024
- Resolved an issue in the EasyEmbed for Admin users where searching was not returning all media.
- Resolved updated Player issues:
- Resolved where a 401 error could appear when expanding the player to the full page view from an embed.
- Resolved where the captions and transcript buttons were not always appearing as they should.
- Removed the new player from the Media Editor due to synch issues.
- Added a new button in the player tools to show or hide the side panel so it can be collapsed if desired. The default is for the side panel to be ON when the player loads.
- Resolved an issue where general feedback was not appearing in polling slides for students after they had submitted their responses.
- Updates to sharing:
- Added the share button back to the media details page from within a Collection.
- Added the option to share to a Class from the share modal from both the Library and Collections.