Some exams that you are assigned may require you to use Safe Exam Browser for EchoExam. This is a setting that your instructor chooses to enable, which prevents you from using additional applications, web browser tabs, and external monitors on your device while you are completing the exam. When this feature is enabled, you will be notified before starting the exam so that you can save and close any critical work before beginning.
Take an Exam With Safe Exam Browser
- Log into EchoExam using your Learner account.
EchoExam opens and My Courses are displayed.
- Move your cursor or use your keyboard to tab to the course you want to open and click Open Course.
Your Course Dashboard displays with Upcoming / In Progress Exams, Course Score, and Course Information.
- Start an Exam from the Upcoming / In Progress list on the Course Dashboard, or from the Exams list within the course.
You will see the name of the exam and its start date along with the course and instructor associated with it. If the exam has a pre-set due date, more than one attempt, time limits, or additional instructions, these will be displayed here.
- Click Download Safe Exam Browser for EchoExam.
You will always see the download option when an exam requires Safe Exam Browser for EchoExam. If you have downloaded Safe Exam Browser on your device for a previous exam, you will not need to download it again and you can proceed to Step 6.
- Download and install the most recent version for your operating system.
- Click Start.
- Click Open Safe Exam Browser.
Click Yes to close any listed running applications.
- Once Safe Exam Browser opens, you will see the EchoExam login page. Log into your EchoExam account.
You will automatically be taken to the start page for the exam.
- Click Start.
If you have opened the exam prior to its scheduled start time, the Start button will be disabled until that time.
- Answer the question and use the right arrow button at the bottom of the screen to advance.
Click the Question button in the lower-left corner of your Exam to see all questions and whether they are Answered or Unanswered. Click on a question in the panel/list to jump directly to that question. Use the left and right navigational buttons to switch between questions.
The question panel is not available if each question has its own time limit. If you run out of time on a timed question, you will not be able to select or enter an answer, however, you will remain on the question until you are ready to move onto the next one. If you run out of time on a timed exam, you will be prompted that the time has expired and you will need to submit the exam attempt.
- When you have answered all questions, click the Finish button in the lower-right corner of your Exam.
- Click Submit to submit your Exam.
You may see different information on the summary page after you submit your exam attempt. Depending on what your instructor has set up for the exam; you may see your exam score as a percent or as points out of the total, and you may see a list of the exam questions you answered correctly and incorrectly.
- Click Exit to return to your Dashboard.
If you have additional attempts remaining on the exam, click Try Again to complete another attempt. This will take you back to the exam start page.