Using a receiver with EchoPoll+ will allow you to capture in-person responses from a clicker device in addition to mobile responses. EchoPoll+ is compatible with RRRF-03 and RRRF-04 USB receivers.
When the receiver is plugged in, it is automatically recognized by the computer. The default channel on the receiver is set to 41. Changing the channel allows multiple receivers to accept different sets of responses when in close proximity to one another. The clickers (also called response devices) need to be set to the same channel as the receiver when running a session.
- Plug your receiver into the computer you will be using to run your Session.
You can use up to 5 receivers during a Session. Multiple receivers may be required for Sessions with a large number of participants.
- Open EchoPoll+ and Sign In to your instructor account.
- Click the receiver channel number.
The Connection Preferences window opens.
- Enable Clickers is on by default. Optionally, select Off to disable clickers.
- Choose the dropdown to the right of your receiver to change the channel number.
The default is Channel 41.
You can have up to 5 saved receivers.
- Select Force Channel Change to maintain your selected receiver channel. If an additional receiver is plugged in, its channel will be changed to ensure it is different from the other receivers in use.
- Click Close.
EchoPoll will remember your preferences the next time you use your receiver.