A polling test is used to ensure that each response device (clicker) can communicate with PointSolutions.
Ensure the receiver is properly installed and the compatible response device to be tested is available.
- If using ResponseCards, plug in the receiver, open PointSolutions, sign in to your account.
- Click the channel number below Receiver, as shown in the figure below.
The Preferences window opens.
- Click Test.
The Polling Test window opens, as shown in the figure below.
There are three columns in the polling test window.
- Device ID - Displays the Device ID of the response device. A count of the devices that have responded are also displayed next to the Device ID column header.
- Source - Displays the serial number of the receiver.
- Response - Displays the response sent from the response device.
- Press any button on the response device.
For clicker users, if the receiver and response device are set to the same channel, the response will appear in the polling test, as shown in the figure below.
- Click Close when finished with the polling test.
- Click Close on the Preferences window.