When your learners access your EchoPoll Course, there are two types of content they can interact with:
- Sessions are live events that you or another instructor lead while your learners follow along.
- Assignments are asynchronous events that you schedule for your learners and they complete at the own pace at their own time.
Both Sessions and Assignments are created from Poll Decks in your Library. Your Poll Decks are, in turn, made up of assets and Resources in your Library.
Adding Sessions to EchoPoll Courses
You can add Sessions to your Course from:
- From Poll Deck in your Library.
- From the Create button in your Library.
- From Sessions tab on your Course Page.
We'll go over each option below.
Adding a Session from a Poll Deck to your Course
The easiest way to start a Session and add it to your Course is from your Library via an existing Poll Deck.
- Log into EchoPoll on your Instructor account.
- From the My Library tab, pick the Poll Deck you want to use and click the Start button.
- This will open the New Session window. Click the Show Settings link to bring up the Course settings.
- Here you can select a Course Record and hit Start to begin your Session.
You may also start the session without a course.
Once you've chosen a Course record, you're also able to set your Participation Settings to Rostered Only, if you only want your rostered Course learners to have access to your new Session.
Adding a Session to your Course from the Create Button in your Library
You can add a Session to a Course from the Create button in your Library as well. This can be useful if you haven't already created your Poll Deck, so that's the workflow we'll show below.
- Log into your EchoPoll instructor account.
- From the My Library tab, click the Create button and select Session.
- This brings up the New Session window with the same options as above in a slightly different layout. Be sure to pick your Course Record before starting your Session. Of note, there's a New Poll Deck option which doesn't exist if you are creating the Session form an existing Poll Deck in your library.
Adding a Session to your Course from the Sessions Tab
This option has the benefit of automatically selecting your Course at the time of Session creation.
- Log into EchoPoll with your instructor account.
- From the My Dashboard tab, scroll down and select your desired Course from the My Courses section.
- From your Course's Sessions tab, click the New Session button.
- This brings up the New Session window and your Course is already selected.