Launching the Companion App with PowerPoint
- Open EchoPoll Companion Application.
- Click Start Now under PowerPoint EchoPoll Add-in.
Working with the Companion App in PowerPoint
Add a a poll
- Create a new PowerPoint presentation or open an existing PowerPoint presentation.
- Click Add New from the EchoPoll ribbon and select Multiple Choice.
- Type the question and add up to 10 possible answer choices.
- Adjust the question options via the Question Options Pane
The question options pane (see below) will be located to the right of each interactive slide added to the presentation. The Question Options gives you the ability to tune each question to fit your needs. Slide options may vary based on the type of question and include the following:
- Anonymous option allows responses to be collected anonymously
- Point value for correct responses
- Answer Labels changes the default values that represent answer choices
- Select a correct answer for the question
- Indicate the correct answer on the slide following a poll with a check mark
- Change the visual representation of the charts on the slide
- Control when incoming responses are displayed. Choose from After Polling, Live, or Never
- Set up and configure Question Timer options
Presenting with EchoPoll
Once your presentation is built you can present to your audience.
- Click the Start button on the EchoPoll ribbon
- Select a Course you would like to run the class in
- Optionally edit the default class name
- Select your Participation Settings (see below)
- Optionally specify a Join Code (otherwise, you a random code will be provided for you).
- Click Start.
- Present the PowerPoint presentation as you normally would.
You have 4 options for Participation Settings you can choose from, and each depend on your EchoPoll licensing.
- Enforce Roster: If you have selected and EchoPoll course, you can choose to only allow learners to join if they are rostered in your course already.
- Entire Organization: Anyone who can log into your organization can join the session.
- Guest Users (Sign-in): Users who are not part of your organization can join, but they must sign in first. This ensures you know who is participating.
- Guest Users (Public): Anyone can join your session without need for signing in first. This allows anonymous users to join your Session, which may be a requirement for you.
Joining Your Class
Learners may join your class by scanning the QR code from their mobile phones, entering the Session code, or by visiting echo360.com and logging in to their PointSolutions account
You can create a Join Slide containing a QR code and join code in your presentation from the Add New menu in PowerPoint.
To view the results of the class click on the Reports button located in the EchoPoll PowerPoint ribbon or visit http://echo360.com to log in to your EchoPoll account.