A Spherical Video (360° Video) is media that has been captured with special hardware, in a specific format, that captures what is happening all around us. When playing, we can interact with the video to mimic the experience of being there. Instructors can choose whether to use 360° Videos once it is enabled by an admin at the Institution level.
To enable 360° Video Support
- Log into EchoVideo as an administrator.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Institution Settings.
General settings appears and Basic Info is selected by default.
- Click Features from the middle panel.
- Enable the toggle for 360˚ Video Support, it is disabled by default, as shown in the figure below.
- Review the warning message and click Confirm.
360° Video Support is now enabled and available as an option for instructors to upload and play.
NOTE that spherical video is currently unable to be captioned within EchoVideo.