The following information details how an Admin, within both EchoVideo and Moodle, can set up a new LTI 1.3 configuration to be used for Deep Linking capabilities between Moodle and EchoVideo.
- Create an Initial EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration
- Create the Moodle LTI 1.3 Configuration
- Update and Complete the EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration
- Register a Deployment to the EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration
In order to complete these steps, you must have an Administrator role within both EchoVideo and the Moodle LMS environments.
Part 1: Create an Initial EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration
This part creates the initial EchoVideo LTI 1.3 configuration. The resulting information in EchoVideo will be used in Moodle (Part 2).
- Log into your EchoVideo Admin account.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select Institution Settings.
- Click the Integration icon.
- Select LMS/VLE and then LTI 1.3.
- Click Add Configuration, provide a name for the configuration, and click Save.
The initial EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration is now complete. The generated details (Target Link URL, Public Keyset URL, OIDC Initiation URL, Redirect URI) from this step will be used for the configuration of Moodle in Part 2.
Part 2: Create a Moodle LTI 1.3 Configuration
This part creates the Moodle LTI 1.3 configuration and specifies the placements. You need to be logged into Moodle as an Admin and have access to the EchoVideo configuration variables from Part 1.
- Log into Moodle as an Admin.
- Go to Site Administration > Plugins > External tool > Manage tools.
- Click on configure a tool manually link, as shown in the figure below.
- Enter the LTI 1.3 configuration details as follows:
- Tool Name: Enter a name
- Tool URL: Paste the Target Link URL from the EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration
- LTI version: Select the LTI 1.3 option
- Public key type: Select the Keyset URL option
- Public keyset: Paste the Public Keyset URL from the EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration
- Initiate login URL: Paste the OIDC Initiation URL from the EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration
- Redirection URI(s): Paste the Redirect URI from the EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration
Custom Parameters: Paste the following text into the Custom parameters text area:
- Tool configuration usage: Select the Show in activity chooser and as preconfigured tool option
Default launch container: Select the Embed, without blocks option
To enable LTI 1.3 DeepLinking support, tick the Supports Deep Linking (Content-Item Message) checkbox
- Click on the Privacy accordion label.
- Set Share launcher's name with tool to Always
- Set Share launcher's email with tool to Always
- Click the Save changes button to complete the Moodle LTI 1.3 Configuration.
A summary card will appear for the created Moodle LTI 1.3 Configuration.
- Click on the stack icon in the top-right-corner to reveal the Moodle LTI 1.3 Configuration generated details to update the EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration. These details include:
- Platform ID
- Client ID
- Deployment ID
- Public keyset URL
- Access token URL
- Authentication request URL
Part 3: Update and Complete the EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration
In this part, you will need to log into EchoVideo as an Admin and have access to the Moodle Client ID variable from Part 2.
- Click on the Configuration tab for the Moodle
- Update the EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration with the details that were generated in the Moodle for Part 2 above.
- Issuer: Paste the Platform ID from the Moodle LTI 1.3 Configuration
- Client Id: Paste the Client ID from the Moodle LTI 1.3 Configuration
- Public Keyset URL: Paste the Public keyset URL from the Moodle LTI 1.3 Configuration
- Access Token URL: Paste the Access token URL from the Moodle LTI 1.3 Configuration
- Authentication Request URL: Paste the Authentication request URL from the Moodle LTI 1.3 Configuration
- Click the Save button to complete the EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration update.
Part 4: Register a Deployment to the EchoVideo LTI 1.3 Configuration
This set of instructions require you to be in EchoVideo on the LTI 1.3 Configurations page (check Part 1 for information on how to get there if required) and have access to the Moodle Deployment ID from Part 2 above.
- For the relevant LTI 1.3 configuration, click the Add Deployment button.
- In the window that opens, add the deployment registration details:
- Deployment Name: Enter a deployment name
- Deployment ID: Add the Moodle Deployment ID saved from Part 2 above.
- Click Save.
The LTI 1.3 configuration for Moodle and EchoVideo is now complete and ready for use.