In order to configure the integration you will need to work with Echo360's support team. Please email email@example.com letting us know that you would like to configure the LMS integration. Please provide the LMS type that you would like to integrate with as well the URL.
Installing the Plugin
Before installation, ensure that none of these tools are installed:
- shared\lib\turningtool- webservices-0.1.jar
- Stop the Sakai server.
- Extract the .zip file in the Sakai root directory.
- Verify the following folders and files are copied properly:
If using Shibboleth, copy and paste the text below:
sakai.properties:#Turning Technologies Shibboleth config: turningtool.shibbolethEnabled=true
If using CAS, copy and paste the text below:
sakai.properties:#Turning Technologies CAS config: turningtool.casBaseUrl=<CAS_SERVER_PATH>
- From the Sakai root directory edit webapps/turningtech-tool/WEB-INF/classes/PointSolutions.properties to add in the provided values for turning.point.lms.client.id and turning.point.lms.client.secret.
The client ID and client secret will be provided to you by your Echo360 support representative.
- Restart the Sakai Server.
Installing the LTI
- Log in to Sakai as an admin.
- Navigate to the Administration Workspace.
- Select External Tools.
- Select Install LTI 1.x Tool.
Any settings that are not mentioned should be left on their default option.
- Enter PointSolutions Registration as the Tool Title and Button Text.
- Enter the Launch URL, Launch Key and Launch Secret provided by Echo360.
- Under Privacy Settings, enable the Send User Names to External Tool and Send Email Address to External Tool.
- Change the Launch in Popup setting to Always launch in Popup.
- Add the custom parameter
- Click Save.
Adding the LTI to a Course
- Log into Sakai with an instructor account.
- Navigate to the desired course.
- Select Site Info in the left-hand pane.
- Select the Manage Tools tab.
- Scroll to the bottom and expand External Tools.
- Select the check mark for PointSolutions Registration.
- Select Continue and then select Finish.
Once your Sakai Integration has been configured, instructors in your organization can link their individual PointSolutions accounts to their Sakai accounts and connect their courses.