Manually Creating a Course in TurningPoint
It is recommended to import your course from a Learning management System or Instructor Account.
A course can still be created manually within TurningPoint, however there will be no association between participants and their account subscriptions. All participant scores display as asterisks in TurningPoint participant reports. Additionally, scores will not export to an LMS.
- Select the Manage tab.
- Click the Course drop-down menu and select New.
The Create Course window opens.
- Select the Create Manually radio button, name the course, and click Create Course.
The Course Editor is displayed.
- Select a cell and enter the participant information relevant to that particular category. For example, enter the participant’s last name under the Last Name column.
If there is a CSV or TXT file that already contains the participant information, drag and drop the file into the Course Editor.
It is also possible to copy and paste text from an Excel file directly into the Course Editor.
- Press Enter on the keyboard to add another participant.
- When finished, click Save and Close to save the course and return to the Course Overview screen.
A manually created course is identified by in the left panel.