Saving PowerPoint polling session data allows you to generate reports and manage results. You must use a PowerPoint presentation that contains polling slides.
- From the PowerPoint ribbon, click the Save icon and choose your preference.
- Save Session: saves the session file.
- Save as New Session: saves the session without overriding the previously saved session file.
- Save Session and Upload Grades: Saves the session file and uploads grades to the selected course's LMS. This is only available with updated Blackboard, Brightspace, and Canvas integrations.
- Name the session file and click Save.
A session file saved while logged in to a specific region will only open on that region. It can not be opened from PointSolutions Desktop when logged into a different region. If you encounter this situation:
(1) Change the region back to the region the session was run under.
(2) Export the session.
(3) Change the region to your region.
(4) Import the session file back into PointSolutions Desktop.
- Close PowerPoint to return to the PointSolutions desktop dashboard.
Saving the PowerPoint presentation through PowerPoint does not save the session data.
Session files should be stored in the default save location. If the session is saved in another location, it will then need to be placed in the PointSolutions Sessions folder or manually imported into PointSolutions.