PowerPoint Polling allows participants to answer polling questions during your PowerPoint presentations. Use the PowerPoint PointSolutions Slide Show functionality to run the polling presentation.
To poll in PowerPoint, a presentation with polling slides or a question list is required. To track results based on participants, a participant list is also required.
- Plug in the receiver and / or establish a PointSolutions app session.
- Open PointSolutions Desktop and sign in to your account.
- Optionally, select a participant list and / or a question list from under Content.
- Click Start now under PowerPoint Polling.
The PointSolutions Dashboard closes and PowerPoint opens.
If using a question list, PointSolutions will automatically parse the content into polling slides. This may take a few moments if there are a large number of questions in the question list.
- Open the PowerPoint presentation that contains the question slides if a question list has not been chosen.
- Start the Slide Show.
Click Reset from the PointSolutions toolbar and select Session before running the slide show.
- Advance the slide to open / close polling depending on the Polling Options selected during content creation.
Press the spacebar, enter / return key or down arrow to advance the slide. If using a mouse, a mouse click also advances the slide. Alternatively, a PresenterCard may be used to advance slides and control polling.
- Continue until the Slide Show is finished.
- Close PowerPoint.
- Optionally, save your presentation if you made any changes.
PointSolutions opens to the Session Overview on the Manage tab for the session you just ran.
A session file saved while logged in to a specific region will only open on that region. It can not be opened from PointSolutions Desktop when logged into a different region. If you encounter this situation: (1) Change the region back to the region the session was run under.
(2) Export the session.
(3) Change the region to your region.
(4) Import the session file back into PointSolutions Desktop.