TurningPoint Add-in Disabled (Windows)
The error message is PowerPoint Polling was unable to open. Please close the PowerPoint application and try again. This is most commonly displayed when the TurningPoint Add-In is disabled. The steps to fix it are:
- Close out of TurningPoint and open PowerPoint by itself.
- Open a blank presentation (any presentation will work).
- Go to File > Options > Add-Ins
- The bottom of the window will have a section that says Manage and a drop down menu that says COM Add-Ins. Change COM Add-Ins to Disabled Items and click Go.
- If TurningPoint is listed in the box, select it and the click Enable.
- Close PowerPoint, reopen TurningPoint, and try again.