The error message is PowerPoint Polling was unable to open. Please close the PowerPoint application and try again. This is most commonly displayed when the PointSolutions Add-In is disabled.
To enable PointSolutions in PowerPoint
- Close PointSolutions and open PowerPoint by itself.
- Open a blank presentation (any presentation will work).
- Go to File > Options > Add-ins.
- Change COM Add-Ins to Disabled Items and click Go.
- If PointSolutions is listed in the box, select it and the click Enable.
- Close PowerPoint, reopen PointSolutions, and try again.