PointSolutions is a virtual response solution that allows learners to respond through web-enabled devices and applications available for smartphones and tablets. Mobile Responses must be enabled for learners to use the PointSolutions app as a response device. If only using clickers, skip this task.
To Enable Mobile Responses
- Open PointSolutions Desktop and sign in to your account.
The PointSolutions Dashboard opens.
- Click Enable in the upper-right corner of the PointSolutions Dashboard.
The Mobile Responses Session window opens.
- Select the Session ID from the drop-down menu.
If Random is selected, a Session ID will be randomly generated.
Any Session IDs that you have reserved will appear in the drop-down
- Optionally, to reserve a unique Session ID,
- Click Reserve.
- Enter a unique Session ID between 4 and 14 alpha or numeric characters, but must contain at least one letter.
- Click Reserve.
- Optionally, click Session Options, to
- Require Participant Accounts - Place a check in the box next to this option to require participants to have an account with a subscription to be able to respond. If the box remains unchecked, participants who do not have an account with a subscription can participate as guests. This option is only available if you have an instructor license applied to your account. The number of guests cannot exceed the capacity of the subscription.
Participant Session Login Information - First Name, Last Name, User ID, and Email can be set to Optional, Require, or Don't Show.
- If set to Require, participants will be prompted to enter the required fields before joining the session.
- If set to Optional, participants will be prompted to enter the optional fields but can join the session without entering the information.
- If set to Don't Show, participants will not be prompted to enter the optional fields and the fields will not appear in PointSolutions reports.
Participant Messaging - Instructors can configure the messaging feature so that participants can message the instructor and all other participants, the instructor only, or disable messaging.
- Participants may message instructor and all participants - A participant can choose to message the instructor alone or the instructor and all participants in the session.
- Participants may message the instructor only - A participant can send direct messages to the instructor.
- Disable participant messaging - Participant messaging is disabled, however, instructors retain the ability to message the group or individual participants.
- Participant Question Display - Instructors determine how the question is displayed to participants.
- Display text, images, and content to participants - Displays the questions and answer choices and images and content up to 1 MB of data per question.
- Display response buttons only - Does not display the question and answer choices, only the response buttons associated with the answer choices.
- Display text only (Best for Low Bandwidth Locations)
- Click Save to close the Session Details window or click Close to discard your changes.
Saved changes made in Session Options will remain the same for all future sessions until manually changed. Click Restore Defaults to revert all options to their original state.
Session options cannot be changed mid-session.
- Click Start Session.
The Mobile Responses Session Status window opens.
- Click Close to return the PointSolutions Dashboard.
The Mobile Responses Session Status window does not need to be open for mobile responses to be enabled. Mobile responses will remain enabled until PointSolutions is closed or until End Session is selected from the Mobile Responses Session Status window.
- Select either PowerPoint Polling or Anywhere Polling from the PointSolutions Dashboard.
- Provide participants with the Session ID to join the session.