Enabling Mobile Responses
Mobile Responses must be enabled for participants to use TurningPoint app as a response device.IMPORTANT
TurningPoint app is a virtual response solution that allows participants to respond through web-enabled devices and applications available for smart phones and tablets. If you do not use TurningPoint app, skip this task.
- Open TurningPoint and sign in to your account.
The TurningPoint Dashboard opens.
- Click Enable in the upper right corner of the TurningPoint Dashboard.
The Mobile Responses Session window opens.
- Optionally, click Session Options to configure participant settings. The Session Options window opens.
Saved changes made in Session Options will remain the same for all future sessions until manually changed. Click Restore Defaults to revert all options back to their original state.
Session options cannot be changed mid-session.
Require Participant Accounts - Place a check in the box next to this option to require participants to have an account with a subscription to be able to respond. If the box remains unchecked, participants that do not have an account with a subscription can participate as guests. This option is only available if you have an instructor license applied to your account. The number of guests cannot exceed the capacity of the subscription.NOTE
A Concurrent license may be purchased from a Turning Technologies Account Executive.
Participant Session Login Information - First Name, Last Name, User ID and Email can be set to Optional, Require or Don't Show.
- If set to Require, participants will be prompted to enter the required fields prior to joining the session.
- If set to Optional, participants will be prompted to enter the optional fields but can join the session without entering the information.
- If set to Don't show, participants will not be prompted to enter the optional fields and the fields will not appear in TurningPoint reports.
Participant Messaging - Instructors can configure the messaging feature so that participants can message the instructor and all other participants, the instructor only or disable messaging.
- Participants may message instructor and all participants - A participant can choose to message the instructor alone or the instructor and all participants in the session.
- Participants may message the instructor only - A participant can send direct messages to the instructor.
- Disable participant messaging - Participant messaging is disabled, however instructors retain the ability to message the group or individual participants.
Participant Question Display - Instructors determine how the question is displayed to participants.
- Display text, images, and content to participants - Displays the questions and answer choices, as well as images and content up to 1 MB of data per question.
- Display response buttons only - Does not display the question and answer choices, only the response buttons associated with the answer choices.
Questions containing more than 1 MB of data display as the response buttons only.
- Optionally, select the Session ID from the drop-down menu. If Random is selected, a Session ID will be randomly generated.
To reserve a unique Session ID follow the steps below:
- Click Reserve.
- Enter a unique Session ID between 4 and 14 alpha or numeric characters, but must contain at least one letter, i.e. Psych101.
- Click Reserve.
- Click Start Session.
The Mobile Responses Session Status window opens.
- Click Close to return the TurningPoint Dashboard.
The Mobile Responses Session Status window does not need to be open for mobile responses to be enabled. Mobile responses will remain enabled until TurningPoint is closed or until End Session is selected from the Mobile Responses Session Status window.
- Select either PowerPoint Polling or Anywhere Polling from the TurningPoint Dashboard.
It is possible to switch between polling environments without logging out of the current mobile responses session. Participants do not need to log out and join a new session.