Immediately get insight and feedback from your team with real-time collaboration and commenting. Our commenting and review tools support your team workflow so that you can you can iterate rapidly and keep an open record of changes.
- With Comments you can record a note on any course block, have real time conversation with your team around that comment, and resolve the comment once the issue is settled.
- Notifications provide in-app notifications (and email if you wish) on any comments for a course you own or conversation you are a part of.
Adding a Comment
To add a comment to a course, select any page (lesson, activity, assessment) of the course. Hover over any block and at the top left corner of the block you will see an icon to add comments. Click this Add Comment button to start your comment.
This will open the comments panel on the left hand side, where you can type a new comment.
You can also @ “team member name” to add them to a comment. If you add a team member using the @ symbol, they will receive a notification informing them of the new conversation activity.
You can add emojis to your comment with the Emoji button.
- Comments move with blocks: Comment threads are captured and preserved at the block level. This means if you move the block in the course, the comments will move with them. If you delete the block, you will lose the comments attached to that block.
- Comments are on blocks - not columns: Only a block can have comments (not columns), so if you have a two column block you are commenting on, make sure to indicate which column your note is for so other reviewers have context.
- Permissions on comments: You can only edit and delete your own comments (unless you have Admin or Manager permission, then you can delete other team member comments).
- Comments do not copy: If you copy a block or an entire course, the comments will NOT be copied as well.
To review the comments for any course page, select the Comments navigation icon in the left panel. The icon will have a dot if there are new notifications for you, and any comments that are new to you will also have a notification in the comment panel with the name of the user who left you the comment.
When you click on any comment, the block with that comment will automatically scroll to the top of the page so you have the right context. That will allow you to review the comment. You can then choose to add a reply by typing into the reply box for that comment.
You can also choose to resolve the comment. This is an indicator to your team that the issue has been resolved. Comments only have two states: unresolved or resolved. To resolve the comment, click the check mark in the upper right of the comment.
Note that you can also sort the comments panel by date (new to old or old to new) and filter by whether or not the comment is resolved.
You will receive notifications of new activity
- When a comment is added to a course you created,
- When there is new activity on a comment thread you are engaged in.
- When someone adds your name to a comment with the @ symbol.
In the comment panel on the course page, there will be a red dot to indicate new activity (both on the Comments icon, and on any individual comment).
We also have a notification icon that appears next to your profile on the upper right. This notification icon will also have a red dot to indicate new activity.
Click on the Notification icon to show your new notifications. Click on any notification to go directly to that course and comment. You can also Mark All As Read if you do not wish to review your notifications at this time.
Once you review a notification, it will disappear from the notification panel. Only unread notifications stay active in the panel.
By default, users will also receive an email for any notification. That email contains a deep link to the comment, which you can click to launch knowbly™ and open directly to that course and comment.
If you do not wish to receive an email for each notification, they can be disabled in your account settings. Click on your avatar in the upper right and choose Account.
Uncheck the box next to Receive email notifications for comments if you do not wish to receive email notifications.