In a short answer question, learners are required to respond to an open ended question with a word, words, or short phrase.
Creating a Short Answer Question in a New Poll Deck
- Log into EchoPoll.
- Click the Create + button and create a new Poll Deck, as shown in the figure below.
- Name your Poll Deck and click Create.
- From the dropdown, choose Short answer, as shown in the figure below.
- Enter a Question.
- In the Suggested Answer field, add keywords and phrases as terminology that needs to be matched to award points.
- Add a Key Response Tag by highlighting the selection and choosing Add Key Response Tag. This will show the highlighted text in the Keywords area, as shown in the figure below. You may highlight additional words and phrases by repeating this process.
- Optionally, you can add an image to your question.
- You may edit the question Settings for Anonymize Reponses, Scored Question, and Require All Correct, as shown in the figure below.
If Required All Correct is not enabled, then any correct answer matching a key response will award points.
- Click the Preview button at any time to preview the question.
- You may add additional slides by clicking the Add Slide button.