The Tabs Widget and the Accordion Widget are Display widgets templates. Each allows you to display rich-text and multimedia content that can be revealed in a linear fashion.
The Tabs widget displays content under horizontal Tab headers.
The Accordion widget displays content in a vertical expandable Accordion rows.
To create a Tabs or Accordion widget (either from the Content Manager or directly into a block in a course you are editing) select the widget template from the Add Widget window.
This is the Add Widget window from the Content Manager.
Note: If you are starting from a lesson page, a sample widget is inserted into your lesson. (You can replace the sample content with your own, of course.)
If you're not already, switch to Edit mode. If you're working in a course block, click the Edit Widget link.
You will see a series of layers similar to what is shown below. Each of these layers forms a "Tab" in the widget. The Header will be the label in the tab and the Content will show up in the body.
- The layers are built the same for both the Tabs and the Accordion widget.
- Use the arrows in the upper right to re-order the layers/tabs.
- You can add multimedia to your Content layers if you choose.
- Click the Replace media icon to replace any placed media.
- Open the settings panel to adjust the settings that are unique to these widgets. Here you can switch the display mode between the Tabs and Accordion:
- The Accordion widget has some additional settings:
- Allow either one accordion or multiple accordions to be open at a time.
- Position the open/close icons to the left or right side of the content.
- At any time during editing or when you have finished, click Preview to see what a published version will look like.