Running a Slide Show
Use the PointSolutions Slide Show functionality to run the polling presentation.
Before You Begin
To poll in PowerPoint, a presentation with polling slides or a question list is required. To track results based on participants, a participant list is also required.
- Plug in the receiver if using ResponseCards.
- Open PointSolutions and sign in to your account
- Establish a PointSolutions app connection if applicable.
- Select a participant list and a question list, or a PowerPoint presentation, if applicable.
Click PowerPoint Polling.
The PointSolutions Dashboard closes and PowerPoint opens.NOTE
If using a question list, PointSolutions will automatically parse the content into polling slides. This may take a few moments if there are a large number of questions in the question list.
- Open the PowerPoint presentation that contains the question slides if a question list has not been chosen.
Start the Slide Show from the PointSolutions toolbar. Starting the Slide Show from the PowerPoint toolbar will result in the Slide Show running as non-interactive.
Click from the PointSolutions toolbar and select Session prior to running the slide show.
- Click to open polling.
Click to close polling.
Press the spacebar, enter/return key or down arrow to advance the slide. If using a mouse, a mouse click also advances the slide. Alternatively, a PresenterCard may be used to advance slides and control polling.
- Continue until the Slide Show is finished.
Now that the Slide Show is finished and the results have been gathered, the session data needs to be saved in order to generate reports and manage results.