A media slide is created simply by specifying a URL to the video you want to embed. To embed an EchoVideo video onto a media slide, all you have to do is paste a Public Link URL for a video into the URL field. If you need additional information on generating Links for videos, see Getting a Video's Public or Embeddable Link.
NOTE: The public link to the Echo video must be set to "Public" meaning it does not require authentication. Authenticated links will not play the video within the slide. However since users have to be authenticated to see the slide deck in the first place, you do not need to require authentication. Since users are authenticated, you will also get student viewing data for the embedded video in the Analytics tab of the media details page for the embedded media.
To create a media slide from an EchoVideo video
- From your Library page or from a Collection where you have Post permissions, find the item you want to embed into the media slide.
- Click on the tile for the video. This opens the Media Details page.
- Below the capture viewing pane, find and select the Share option, located left-most of your command option. It is identified in both below figures.
The Library media details page share option:
The Collections media details page Share option:
Click the Links tab from the Share modal, identified in the below figure. The modal will have anywhere from one to four tabs, depending on where you opened it from.
- Click Add Link, identified in the above figure.
The Links area changes to show the newly created link and several options. BE CERTAIN that the Public access slider is turned on (to the right). This is the default. Private links will not play in media slides.
- Click Copy to copy the URL to your system clipboard.
- Click Done to close the Share modal.
- Find the presentation you want to add the media slide to in your Library or a Collection and select Edit Media from the tile button menu.
Alternately, select Edit Presentation from the media icon in a course class list.
- From the presentation editing page, click Add Slides.
- Select Create media slide from the Add Slides options, as shown in the below figure.
- In the 'Create a media slide' modal, shown below, click into the Enter URL field.
- Press Ctrl/Command + V to paste the copied public link into the URL field.
- Click DONE.
EXIT the presentation editor to view your work.
You cannot preview EchoVideo media in a media slide through the editor; you must view it through the media details page or the classroom where the presentation is posted.
The new slide is added to your presentation. It can be played inside the slide just like any other embedded video (such as from YouTube) and is shown in the EchoVideo embedded player on the slide in the deck.