A media slide contains content from a web page or image. You can create a media slide by simply specifying a URL. EchoVideo then auto-embeds the content of that web page into the media slide.
Since each class in EchoVideo can have only one video in the "video slot" for the class, embedding videos into your slide decks using the Media Slide feature allows you to include other video content for students in a single class. You can even embed EchoVideo videos into your media slides if you want to.
To create a media slide
- Find the presentation in your Library and select Edit Media.
Alternately, select Edit Presentation from the media icon in the class list.
- From the presentation editing page, click Add Slides.
- Select Create media slide from the Add Slides options, as shown in the below figure.
A 'Create a media slide' modal appears, with options for entering a URL or uploading an image, as described below the figure.
- Your options for media slides include:
- Enter URL - allows you to enter the URL for a video, audio, or graphic file located on the web. EchoVideo embeds that media into a frame and places it onto the slide for viewing.
- YOU CAN paste the public link to an EchoVideo video or audio file into the URL field. This will embed the video into the slide, just like any other embedded video URL. See Embedding an EchoVideo Video into a Media Slide for further instructions
- Upload an Image - allows you to use an image saved to your local computer or shared cloud drive and enter it into the slide. You cannot upload a video for this purpose.
- When finished, click DONE.
The new slide is added to your presentation.