EchoVideo lets you upload presentations to your library or directly to a class. You can then edit the presentation by adding or deleting slides/pages from within EchoVideo.
There are four ways to add slides to a presentation through the EchoVideo interface:
- Upload - upload an existing slide from your computer or other online source.
- Import - import one or more slides from a presentation already in your library
- Create a media slide - embed a rich media slide into your presentation
- Add a polling slide - insert questions or other activities for the students to respond to.
You can also create a blank slide in the presentation to act as a spacer or "pause" location to display while students do something else.
Creating and Editing Presentations
The workflow for using presentations in EchoVideo involves the following steps:
- Create a slide deck or PDF file in an external program such as PowerPoint, Pages, Adobe Acrobat, or other similar program. As long as the completed file is in one of the accepted formats.
- Upload the file to EchoVideo.
- Add a media slide or blank slide to the presentation.
- Adding polling slides to the presentation.
- Adding slides from a file or polls already resident in your library.
It is important to understand that "editing your presentation" in EchoVideo means "adding, re-ordering, and removing slides". You can EDIT any polling slides you add to your presentation but those are the only type of slides that allow for editing the slide itself. Otherwise, editing involves manipulation of the deck, not the slides.
It is also important to remember that presentations created and uploaded through the EchoVideo PowerPoint Ribbon add-on cannot be edited in EchoVideo. You must perform all edits in PowerPoint and then re-publish or update through the EchoVideo ribbon options.