If your LMS/VLE allows for embedding Echo360 media into your course, you have multiple options for creating or selecting media to embed. One of those options is to post a link to the media instead of embedding the media into the LMS course page. When selected for viewing, the media opens in a new tab outside of the LMS page where it was added.
This page provides instructions for inserting or "embedding" a link for media into your LMS course instead of embedding the media itself (inside of a playback frame). The only differences from one LMS/VLE to another is HOW you access the Embed media dialog box.
If you need preliminary instructions, see Embedding Echo360 Media into your LMS/VLE Course, OR the select the appropriate LMS-specific help article below:
- Embedding Echo360 Media into Blackboard Learn or Original View Courses
- Embedding Echo360 Media in an Ultra-enabled Course
- Embedding Echo360 Media into Canvas
- Embedding Echo360 Media into Moodle
- Embedding Echo360 Media into Moodle via Activity Link
- Embedding Echo360 Media into Brightspace
- Embedding Echo360 Videos into Sakai
The instructions here are nearly identical to those provided in the above LMS-specific links, with the exception of enabling the Link option for the selected media.
LMS-posted media links provide view data such as view counts and heatmap data, as shown in the Analytics tab of the media details page, just like fully embedded media does.
To insert a URL link to Echo360 media into an LMS course
- Enter your LMS/VLE course and create/open the location where you want to embed the media.
- Access the Echo360 embed media tool as appropriate for the LMS you are using.
The Embed media dialog box appears with the Library tab active. It lists all Echo360 media you own as well as any audio, video, or interactive media in any Collection where you have the Post permission.
- If necessary, use the Search text box and/or Filters options to find the video you want to embed into the window. Click Reset to clear any search/filters as needed.
Select the media you want to embed, then click Next.
- In the next page that appears, enable the Link toggle, shown in the below figure.
Notice that the all embed options are grayed out EXCEPT the Player Style drop-down if there is one.
- From the Player Style drop-down list, select the style you want to be applied to the player.
The Player Style drop-down only appears if your institution has created custom player styles to choose from. If you have selection options, pick the one for your department or organization (or the default) that you want applied to the playback of this media.
- Click INSERT.
- Complete whatever remaining fields there are for the LMS item you are adding, and Save.
The Media link is entered into the content window. The link posted uses the TITLE of the media as the text for the link; it does not post the full URL.
Once the item is published, users can click the link, and playback will open in a new browser tab or window, depending on their browser settings.